PAGE 69

~~

"Hi" Jung Kook answered waving with a smile.

"He ... hello ...?" I said quite unsure of what I am going to say. I greeted him with a blowing nose but he answered me with his charm. "Yah ... what are you doing here?" I repeated.

He sat at the bench where I was seated earlier and leaned. He inhaled and exhaled and looked back at me smiling. "I am relaxing." He answered.

I then sat beside him, "Ahhh ... Why? Are you feeling something bad?" I asked looking at him now worried. He may feel something bad, he may be in pain, he may need someone ... me perhaps. But he just nodded in the end.

"Jung Kook ..." I spoke as I reached for his hand. He looked at me in shocked, maybe because of what I did.

"Oh?" he uttered.

'Is this the right time? Okay whatever. I will let him know.' I talked to myself as I looked at his eyes.

"Hey~" he said nagging me.

"Uhh ..." I sighed. "No ... nothing!" I shook my head. "You're ... you're hand is just ..." I looked at my hand that's holding his hand "yeah ... it's ... it's dirty!" I wiped his hand with mine and then I looked at him. "Yeahh ... It's dirty! he he" I said faking a smile at him.

"Oh ... really?!" He then checked his hand if it's really dirty and wiped it off.

'Goodness <Y/N>! What are you thinking?' I cursed myself whispering.

"Thank You!" he said looking at me.

I looked at him too.  "Oh yeah ... You're welcome!" I answered as I smiled while scratching my head. I then looked at the pond to throw out my 'misdeal' move. I was about to say that I already know his condition but my courage was gone as I looked at him. "Pft." Sighed.

He too looked at the pond and linked his arms at the back of his neck. "<Y/N> ... You don't have to hide it." He said.

"Ehh?" I answered as still looked at the pond. His words didn't register well in my consciousness. My brain didn't process it.

Jung Kook looked at me and in reverse, he held my both hands. That was the time that he had my attention. He smiled at me as his eyes didn't relay the same happiness that it shows. There was something else.

"I already know that you know my condition." He paused. "Doc Gu told me." he ended.

I was out of words. I was shocked. I looked at him with my mouth half open and almost teary eyed. What?! He already knows? Since when?

"Hey ..." he said shaking up my hands. "It's okay." He said smiling. Jung kook released my hands and went back leaning at the bench with his sight nailed on the pond. I was left looking at him. "But please ..." he continued "I don't want you to feel sorry for me ..." I saw him smiled "I don't want to see you're pity face when you see me suffering."

He looked back at me smiling. His face shone with the help of the sun rays. I smiled as I nodded. "Okay" i said agreeing at him. I sighed as I looked back at the pond. In the end, he wanted me to be strong for him. In the end, he likes me to think that he's going to be okay. At least that thought put my heart at ease. Right, I am going to be strong for him... for my best friend.

"Jin's  back, huh?" Jung Kook said shifting the topic.

"Yes he is." I answered soullessly. And I heard him chuckled.

"So that means I'm back as your second option? Pity me. I have to wait again until you have time for Me." he said throwing stones on the pond.

I looked at him. "Hey! What are you trying to say now?" I said patting his back. He then looked at me and smiled.

"Nothing." He said looking back at the pond. "But as my first wish, you're staying with right? And that's still valid." He said assuring himself about his wish.

Well, he caught me there. Yeah, Jin's back and it means that my attention for him wasn't a hundred percent now compared to when Jin was away. But still, the first wish exists. I am up to staying with him. So ... what the hell am I going to do now?

I sighed trying to smile purely at him. "Yeahh" I said nodding.

Jung kook then sat a little closer towards me and leaned his head on my left shoulder while I stayed as is. I am hearing him breathing, I can feel the air that he's inhaling and exhaling.

"<Y/N> ... Just count until 10 and I am going. I still have to meet Doc Gu in the hospital." He said.

I smirked with his statement. "You can lean anytime Jung Kook. No matter how long you want." I said as I was still looking at the pond which was then reflected by the sun.

I felt his smile. "Thanks" he whispered. I smiled.

"Hey, don't move." He whispered in such a low tone voice. I didn't get it clearly so I didn't do what I was

instructed. So I tilted my head to see and ask him.

"Wha—" But I was surprised when suddenly, I felt his lips touching mine. We kissed. Accidentally! I then

Removed my head in a glimpse. I was dead shocked with it. My eyes were like sticking out as I covered

my mouth when I got away from him. He too was shocked, he seemed like it was really unplanned, he

too was unprepared for that kiss.

~~