Chapter Sixteen: At the Carnival

Start from the beginning

            Days passed quickly. At Wednesday, March was over and come April. Only two more months and school would be over. After that, summer! And then came Saturday, the day of my second friendly date with Ian.

            I was standing in front of my mirror, wearing beige shorts, a cute white tank top and open-toed flat sandals. It’s supposed to be casual so… yep. Suzanne helped me choose the outfit yesterday and she specifically told me to wear shorts. She was saying that I don’t reveal much skin to Ian.

            I rolled my eyes, thinking about that. I like to be conservative, thank you very much. I picked up my wallet and my phone. I shoved it inside my light pink shoulder bag. I shouldered it and walked downstairs.

            It was two in the afternoon. Ian told me yesterday that he’ll pick me up three in the afternoon. But Ian being Ian, I know he’ll come at three-thirty.

            As I walked in the living room, I saw Suzanne and Vince talking enthusiastically as they sat at the couch. Vince was the first one who noticed me since Suzanne’s back was on me.

            “Looking good,” he whistled at me.

            I rolled my eyes at him and Suzanne turned to look at me. She grinned. “You look really pretty, Victoria. I think you really are making an effort so Ian could notice you,” she teased playfully.

            I laughed and sat on the seat across them. “Whatever,” I said, waving a hand dismissively.

            I chatted with Suzanne and Vince for about forty-five minutes. The doorbell rang as Suzanne and I were quarreling who’s hotter: Chace Crawford or Channing Tatum. I think Chase Crawford is.

            Vince, who was saying that both guys were hot enough, stood up to open the door, revealing Ian. He might have thought that the person who opened the door was me because he stretched out his right hand to Vince. On his right hand, was a beautiful yellow sunflower. “Flower for you,” he quickly said.

            There was an awkward silence then Suzanne and I burst out laughing. Ian turned completely red and lowered his hand. Vince, who looked at him, horrified, was still on the front door.

            I was still laughing as I walked to the front door and pushed Vince away playfully. “Go back to Suzanne,” I told him teasingly.

            He still looked horrified as he turned to Suzanne. I laughed again as I saw Ian, still blushing. “Sorry,” he muttered.

            “No need,” I said dismissively. He gave me the sunflower and I accepted it, smelling the beautiful scent of the beautiful flower. “Thanks, Ian.”

            “No problem,” he said, grinning. I stepped outside the house and closed the door behind me. He enveloped his hand to mine and we walked to his car. As we stopped in front of the door at the passenger’s seat, his eyes went lower to my legs. “Wow, you look so pretty today, Victoria.”

            I blushed. “Thanks, Ian. You don’t look pretty bad yourself.”

            Yep, true that. He was wearing his white sweater and light blue jeans. He smirked at me. “Since when do I look bad in front of you?”

            “Since you were wearing a tuxedo from the 1800s.”

            He rolled his eyes at me and he opened the car door for me. I stepped in and buckled the seatbelt. There’s no way I’m going to make Ian strap my seatbelt for me ever again. It’s just… completely embarrassing to think he could’ve kissed me.