Chapter Seven: I'm A Love Doctor

I opened my locker door and put my things inside. I sighed and checked my phone the fifth time. I frowned when there was still no message from Suzanne.

            I texted her at lunch if she’s okay but she still haven’t replied. It’s already after classes and I sent another four messages. She must be annoyed and I can’t blame her. But I’m her best friend who doesn’t want to see her cry or hurt. Suzanne doesn’t deserve to be like this. I shrugged and closed my locker door.

            “Hey.”

            I turned and saw Ian. I can’t help but notice how handsome he looks like. I smiled at him. “Hey.”

            He frowned. “Is everything all right? You look a little… bothered.”

            “Bothered?” I echoed and snorted. “I’m worried—damn worried.”

            “Why? Is everything okay?” Ian asked, concerned. I just gave him a reassuring smile and a shrug. “Tell me, Victoria. Maybe I can help.”

            I shook my head. “No, you can’t. Suzanne and Denim broke up. She caught him cheating on her,” I explained. “I’ve been texting Suzanne now but she doesn’t reply.”

            Ian sighed and put his arm around me reassuringly. “Suzanne needs some time, Victoria. Just… be there for her. If she doesn’t reply to your messages, maybe she needs some time alone to move on with Denim. She’ll talk to you if she’s ready.”

            I nodded and snuggled closer to him. Somehow, his touch makes everything okay. “I just hope no one won’t hurt her ever again. It’s hard to see my friend to be hurt, Ian. And I know what she’s feeling right now.”

            “Why don’t you call her?”

            I nodded and dialed Suzanne. When I put my phone on my ear, I heard a hoarse voice saying, “Hey, Victoria.”

            “Hi, Suze. Are… are you okay?”

            “Yeah. I am. I saw my boyfriend kissing another girl today at lunch. I’m okay! Super okay,” Suzanne said over brightly.

            I sighed. “Suzanne, where are you? I’m going there.”

            “No, no. It’s okay. Vince is here.”

            I frowned. Vince? Since when had she been hanging out with Vince? “Where are you?”

            “At his office. Thank you for your messages, Victoria. I know you’re worried but… no offense, but your messages can’t make me feel better. It’s not going to change whatever happened.”

            “I understand. But why don’t you want to talk to me or let me come over to you? I’ve been through this. Maybe I could help you.”

            She sighed. “No, it’s okay, Victoria. Seriously. I know you wanted to help and I thank you for that. But I just don’t want anyone talk to me right now. Vince blackmailed me to be here.”

            “Blackmailed you? What the—? Let me talk to him!”

            After a second, I heard Vince’s voice. “Yeah, li’l sis?”

            “You jerk! Why did you blackmail Suzanne? She’s heartbroken and you blackmailed her to go to your office? Seriously, Vince! You’re so immature sometimes, aren’t you?”