Chapter Eleven: Lance Begged For Me

“That was really, really wicked, Suzanne. The way you talked to him like that? I never thought I’d live to see the day that you will talk like that. And to Victoria’s brother, too!” Miranda said, laughing and shaking her head.

            Suzanne sighed. “I can’t help it. And I seriously need to apologize to him. I have no right to talk to him like that.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Apologize? Jeez, Suzanne, you don’t need to apologize! What you told him was freaking correct! He seriously needs to man up.”

            “Whatever. I still feel guilty.”

            “Yeah, well, I think it won’t help if I tell you he didn’t come to work this morning,” I said shrugging. “He said he doesn’t feel okay so he stayed at home.”

            Suddenly, Suzanne expression changed. She frowned and her eyes were murderously angry. She stood up, grabbing her bag. Miranda saw her expression and she raised an eyebrow. “Suze? Where are you going?”

            “There’s someone I need to talk to,” she replied and gestured to a person behind me.

            Miranda and I turned to the direction where she was looking. There was Ms. Gregg, holding her tray of lunch and walking out of the cafeteria. Teachers don’t eat in the cafeteria where the students eat. They sometimes eat in the Teachers Lounge or to their classrooms. In Ms. Gregg’s case, she eats inside her classroom.

            “You need to talk to her?” I asked, frowning. “Why?”

            “Just… don’t stop me,” Suzanne replied and walked to her direction. She still looked murderously angry. Never in my whole life would I think that Suzanne could look like that. She’s such a peaceful person and quiet.

            “Uh-oh. I don’t like this. I don’t like this at all. Come on, Miranda, let’s follow Suzanne,” I said and making a grab on my bag. Miranda was still eating her ribs like there was no tomorrow. I rolled my eyes. “Miranda! Will you stop eating!”

            “What? You can’t blame me. I love ribs,” she said, shrugging and continued eating. “Why don’t you go after her? You have a right to scream to Ms. Gregg. After all, you’re the sister.”

            I rolled my eyes. “I know. I just need some guidance.”

            “Suzanne can guide you.”

            “When I leave, you’ll be alone.” I folded my arms and smiled at her smugly. I know Miranda doesn’t want to be alone. She always need someone to be with her.

            Miranda sighed and dropped the ribs back on her plate. She stared at it longingly and looked at me. “This better be good, Victoria,” she said, rolling her eyes and grabbing her bag.

            I grinned and together, we ran after Suzanne. She was still walking to Ms. Gregg’s, who was oblivious that someone was going to kill her.

            “Suzanne! Wait up!” Miranda said and grabbed her arm. Suzanne froze on her spot and looked at us incredulously. “Don’t look at me like that! She made me go here!”

            “Seriously, Suzanne, you want to attack her alone? We’ll help you,” I said, grinning.

            She rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Let’s just go after her, okay?”

            Miranda and I nodded and the three of us walked towards Ms. Gregg. When she opened the cafeteria door to leave, Suzanne’s hands flew to the door, shutting it close. Ms. Gregg frowned and looked at us. “What do you need?”