Abi - Bio Parents AU (part 2)

Abigail's POV

I woke up to hear an obnoxious beeping to my left, I yawned a little, and sat up. My heart sunk like a rock as I saw the white room around me. I was in the hospital.

I looked to the, seeing a heart monitor beeping consistently, and an IV running to my left arm. I looked to my right, and saw a little piece of paper with my name on it, which I grabbed. I quickly read through it and my heart sunk again. My parents left. I grabbed the bed remote and buzzed, setting it down on my left, as I grabbed the chart that was sitting on the table. I flipped it open, and read through it. My eyes ran over the word, suicide, and the color drained from my face. I tried to kill myself.

"Abigail?" I heard a guys voice, and my head shot up, seeing a doctor walk in. "Hi sweetheart, you're awake." He smiled, coming over to the bed. He grabbed the chart, remote and paper and set them all on the table. "Are you okay, honey?" He asked, seeing my stunned, and slightly scared face.

"I'm fine." I mumbled, and suddenly he moved my blankets so my knee was covered, and my heart jolted, the monitor reflecting that.

"Oh, um, you okay?" He asked again, and I nodded, a little embarrassed. "Okay, just, can you lay down for me?" He asked, setting his hands on my shoulders. My eyes widened and I scooped back quickly hugging my knees to my chest.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, seeing his scared and surprised face. "I'm, I don't know what's going on."

"It's okay, it's fine." He smiled, then sat down in a chair. "Just, take deep breaths for me, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded, doing so, after a little while I saw the heart monitor go back to normal.

"Awesome." He smiled at me.

"What day is it?" I asked.

"It's Saturday," he explained, "it's only been a day, don't worry."

"Okay." I nodded, again.

"So, um, I'm gonna go and get you some dinner, I can turn the TV on too?" He suggested, grabbing the remote, and clicking it on to the news. "Here you go." He said, handing me the remote.

"Um, how long do I have to stay?" I asked.

"It depends, we still need to run some tests." He admitted.

"Okay." I sighed.

"Alright, someone will be in with dinner soon." He smiled at me, and I flashed him a quick smile, then fell back into the bed as he left.

•••

Joseph's POV

I hurried over to my usual table at lunch on Monday, holding silver prom balloons, a box of chocolate strawberries, a stuffed bear, and a poster.

"Hey, uh, do you know where Abigail Edminston sits?" I asked to the group.

"No, I don't think she's here today." Jaden replied, "she wasn't in Anatomy, and she never skips class."

"Oh." I sighed, "is she sick?"

"I don't know, if I had to guess, I would say it has something to do with what I posted."