Lin/Vanessa - Fight

"OKAY. CONSIDER FOR FIVE SECONDS THAT I COULD CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FAMILY. CAN YOU DO THAT?" I woke up to hear my mom yelling at my dad, it was late, it was midnight. I pulled the blankets on my bed up wrapping them tightly around myself, afraid.

"Vanessa." My dads voice was steady, but strained, "I never once said you don't contribute."

"YES YOU DID." She shouted, "YOU DID LIN." She sobbed out, still yelling. "I went to MIT, I'm a lawyer, I can support us just as well as you can."

"Vanessa. I'm just saying that you don't have to work if you don't want to, that I can handle this."

"Shut up." She yelled, crying.

"Vanessa, I, I didn't mean you weren't smart and capable, you are."

"Don't touch me!" She yelled, and I heard her storm into their room, then a few minutes later, come back out. "I'm leaving." She announced.

"Wait, oh gosh, Vanessa."

"I said don't touch me Lin."

"Okay. I won't. I won't touch you." He yelled and I heard her sob, then rush outside, slamming the door behind her. There were a few seconds of quiet, until I heard my dad start sobbing. And I started to cry as well. Are my parents breaking up?

"Abigail?" I heard my dads voice, soft, coming from the hall. "Honey, you heard that didn't you?" He asked.

"Yeah." I whimpered.

"Can I come in?"

"Mmhm." I saw my door open and my dad come in, still in tears.

"Oh, oh darling." He came over to the side of my bed and hugged me.

"Are you and mom getting divorced?" I asked my voice shaking.

"No. No of course not. No we're not, we just had an argument." I felt the side of my bed sink down as he sat next to me.

"Where is she going?" I asked, hugging my knees to my chest.

"I don't know Mijita." He pressed a kiss to my temple. "I don't know."

"What if she never comes back?" I whimpered, falling a little into him. "What... What if... What if she never sees us again." I sobbed out, and my dad wrapped an arm around me, and shushed me. I heard my phone ding, and pulled it out to check it.

Mama:
Mijita, I'm sorry you probably heard that. I didn't mean to wake you darling

Mija:
It's okay... Are you and Dad getting divorced?

Mom:
No, he, he just, he sorta, he ticked me off, and, I guess, I'm at a friends, I'll see you soon. I love you.

Mija:
I love you too.

I set my phone down, then snuggled slightly into my bed.

"A?" My dad asked, still crying, "A, was that her?"

"Mmhm." I nodded.

"What did she say?" He asked.

"She's at a friends house. She said she'll be back." I admitted.

"Can I stay in here?" Lin asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I don't want to sleep in my bed." He admitted.

"Oh."