Lin - Babysitting

"Okay, I have everything you're going to need." My daughter said, handing me a bag filled with baby food and diapers.

"Peanut, it's-"

"Crap, KEV!" She yelled, and I saw her husband come out of one of the guest rooms holding their baby.

"Huh?" He asked, bouncing her.

"Okay, you have Hunter, it's okay, come here baby girl." I saw Abigail scoop Hunter up, and I smiled a little. "Mmkay Dad, uh, she usually eats at 5:00, um, make sure you burp her after you feed her, um, she really likes the peas, but not the carrots. The doctor says she needs the carrots, so, uh, try and mix them, uh, I packed mangos for dessert. Also, she goes to bed at 6:30, so, try and put her down then, but she usually just falls asleep. If she wakes up, uh, um, she loves Sesame Street. I packed extra diapers. You know how to change diapers, right? Okay, I'll show you just in case." She dug around in her bag for a second and I laughed.

"Baby girl, it's okay." I reassured her. "I managed with your brother, it'll be fine. You need a break, go have some fun."

"Oh. Um, okay, I, uh," she looked at her little girl in her arms, "I'll miss you, my little bean."

"Abigail." I said, somewhat sternly.

"Okay." She sighed, and passed Hunter off to me. "I love you, sweet pea." She kissed her babies forehead.

"Bunny." Her husband grabbed her hips, and pulled her back a little.

"Okay, Kevie." She sighed. "I'll see you at 8:30." She smiled at me, then left the apartment with Kevin.

"Bye." I laughed a little. She was going on a date, just dinner and a movie with her husband. "Hello mini-peanut." I smiled down at Hunter, who was playing with the zipper of my sweater. "Do we want to watch Abuelo on the TV?"

"Agga!! Ga ah!!" She giggled, and I smiled.

"I think that's a yes." I decided, "come here my dear." I walked her over to the couch, and snuggled down into it, holding the two and a half month old girl.

She tried to clap her hands along with me on Sesame Street, but she was far too tiny.

"Okay sweet one, I'm going to go get your dinner ready." I announced when it was about 4:50." I sat Hunter on a blanket in the living room, with a stuffed bunny she loved. I patted her cute little head lightly, then left the room.

"Agga! Ga wa duh!" I heard her babble as I walked away. I laughed a bit, and gave her a little wave as I grabbed food from the bag.

About ten minutes later, I reappeared in the living room with Hunter's bib and food, but to my horror, she was gone. I set the little dishes down on the coffee table, and started looking around the room, frantically. I thought about texting Abigail and asking if Hunter was crawling yet, but deemed that stupid on three accounts.

One, if I called my daughter to ask if her two and a half month old was crawling, it would sound suspicious. Two, if I called her, she wouldn't have a relaxing night out any longer. Three, obviously Hunter is crawling, either she crawled away or she rolled away like a little pink hot dog.

"Vanessa? Uh, hi sweetheart." I said nervously, as I called my wife.

"Lin. What happened?" She asked, her voice monotone.

"How can you tell something happened. I just said hi." I questioned.

"What happened?" She repeated.

"I can't find Hunter." I admitted.

"Uh, oh, uh, mmkay, I'm assuming she crawled away when you stupidly left her alone." Vanessa guessed.

Adopted By Hamilton One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara