Abi/Kevin - Shot

I was picking my husband up from work. After a few minutes of waiting, I saw him push the front doors open, and I smiled, and waved. He was still in his scrubs, with a large, worn in, grey sweater. (T: Is it the same one as Lin's?) (A: no it's like a large open cardigan thingy...) (T: Thank you for answering my question, we should have more annotation conversations)

"Hi baby." He smiled, and kissed my forehead. "How was your day?"

"Good." I smiled, slipping my hand in his. "I'm sorry you had to work overtime." I sighed.

"Hey, it's part of the job. I'm technically still on call." He laughed, "I'm on call until 2:00."

"They do know that if they call you in at 2:00, you're gonna come in for work with me clinging to you, trying to sleep? Right?" I clarified.

"Um, no, I don't think they know that." He laughed again, pulling my closer to him. "It's so cold." He mumbled, "and dark, why did you walk here, sweetheart?"

"The theaters only a few blocks away." I shrugged, "and I walk to work usually, I mean, when it's sunny."

"Mmkay, just making sure my wife is safe." He kissed my head, "I mean, New York City's a dangerous place, and you're so..." he trailed off.

"Innocent?" I asked. I had been called innocent a lot in my life. (T: there's a reason for that, Love)

"Precious, cute, like a small bird." He laughed, and I felt spots of rain fall on me, I giggled a little, as one splashed onto my nose. "Precious." Kevin said again, and stooped down a bit to kiss my cheek. "Okay, we're taking the subway." He announced.

"Isn't that a little dangerous at 11:00?" I asked. (T: I love Abi)

"It's raining." Kevin whined.

"I know it's raining, baby." I sighed, "c'mon this is covered, we can talk." I pulled him behind the hospital, where there was a small balcony shielding us from the rain.

"Mmkay, nice and safe." He smiled and kissed my head. Just as he pulled away from the kiss, I heard a gun cock, and my heart dropped into my stomach. "Abigail, behind me. Now." Kevin whispered, pushing me behind him. (T: What the crap)

"Okay, you know the drill," a younger guy came into the light, aiming a gun at my husband. "Just cash. I don't want the full wallet." He sighed, and I bit my lip watching Kevin slowly take his wallet from his back pocket, and pull about 50 dollars from it. He slowly handed it off, and I exhaled. "You too, Princess." He said to me.

"I don't have anything on me." I whispered, terrified.

"Really?" He scoffed a bit, "I'll have to see about that." A small smile crept onto his face, and my heart slipped into my stomach again. He got a little closer to the two of us, and Kevin kept pushing me back, until all three of us were standing in the rain. The man pulled me away from Kevin, and ran his hands down the sides of my black dress, he then moved his hands to my back, and squeezed along it, going down. I squeezed my eyes shut, terrified.

"Get your filthy hands off my wife, I swear to God." Kevin spat. One of the mans hands left my body, and I exhaled, then I heard a gunshot, and my husband scream. I quickly wrenched myself away, and saw the mugger run off down the back of the hospital. (T: My child no)

"Kevin? Kevie, baby, you..." I trailed off, seeing my husband on the ground, a bullet hole in his left shoulder.

"A, A I'm fine just get me into the building." He requested, clenching his teeth. I pressed my thumb onto his pulse, and my husband chuckled lightly. "Baby, not the thumb," he moved his right hand to switch my thumb with my index and middle finger. (T: Abi, you're adorable)