Take Your Child To Work Day

HOLD UP I HAVE A SECOND UPDATE WRITTN BY flyingthroughthewind ENJOY

I looked over to Hunter who was sitting in our small living room playing with dolls. She would glance from the princess dolls up to the TV where The Little Mermaid was playing on repeat, since that was the only movie that she was willing to watch.

​"I know it's bring your child to work day but I don't know if our 3 year old wants to job shadow a heart surgeon" Kevin said to me, a small laugh in his voice. I turned back from her to him and let out a small laugh and nodded my head.

​"I know, I'll bring her to the theatre today" I said, hoping that she would be content not watching The Little Mermaid for more than 3 hours.

​"Alright, we all know she loves Leo" he said with a chuckle, looking back at Hunter, who was still throwing her arms around and dancing to "Under the Sea" with her dolls.

​"He finds it adorable" I said

​"Well, I think everyone finds it adorable" he said, and I nodded my head simply in reply. We both turned back to watch her, and smiled.
​I could hear a light humming coming from my side, and I looked at Kevin and raised my eyebrows at him.

​"Okay, when I hear that song for the millionth time, it's hard not to sing along" he said, and he continued on with the song.

​I walked into the living room and sat myself down on the couch and just watched the movie, letting it play out. Kevin joined me on the couch, and we mouthed the lines since we had memorized them.

​After a while I checked clock and realized I needed to get going. The movie credits were rolling, so I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. Hunter instantly turned back to me and gave me a death glare.

​"Hunter, we need to go to the theatre" I said, trying to get her hyped to go.

​"But...Mermaid" she whined, and I sighed, knowing all she wanted to do was watch that movie again and again.

​"But...Leo and Christie" I said with a small laugh, and she instantly perked up. She stood up from her spot on the floor and ran over to me.

​"Let go!" she squealed. I stood up slowly, and grabbed her hand and the keys from the coffee table.

​"I'll pick her up before the second show" he said, knowing what I was about to ask him.

​"Thank you" I said softly as I had her puling my arm in the direction of the door so that we could leave for the theatre. I followed behind her, laughing at her enthusiasm.

***

​Hunter held my hand as we walked into the theatre. She didn't know the backstage area at all, so she clung close to me.

​"Come on Hunter, let's go find your favorite people" I said, struggling to pick up her. She smiled and still held onto me. I walked into the greenroom, hoping that they were there.

​"Hunter!" Leo said with an excited tone as we walked into the room. She nearly kicked herself out of my arms, so I was able to let her out of my arms onto the ground. She ran over to the couch where he was sitting. She instantly grabbed him in a hug, and he looked at me with large eyes as she held onto him.

​"She's melting my heart" he said as she climbed onto his lap and sat down on him.

​"She has a habit of doing that" I noted, and she acted as I wasn't talking. She started to unpack her small bag which had a few of her dolls in it and introduced him to her dolls. I smiled at the two of them and heard footsteps behind me.

​"I heard my favorite little girl is in the theatre today" Christie said from behind me, and Hunter's head shot up when she heard her voice. Christie went to the couch and sat with the two of them, and Hunter felt the need to reintroduce the dolls to them.

​"Abi we need you over here for a minute" said one of the costume ladies. I quickly glanced back at Hunter before I went with her to the costume room. She put a wig on my head to see if it fit, and once they got it to fit right, they took it off and I went back to the greenroom.
​I expected to see Hunter sitting there, forcing them to play with her, but none of them were there. I sighed, not knowing where they had gone. I walked myself down the halls slowly, trying to hear for her voice or for her little footsteps.

​I had walked through every room, and I could not find any of them. I continued to walk, and could hear voices on stage. I walked quicker, getting myself to stage right. I could see all three of them on stage. Hunter was pointing to the seats in the crowd, and seemed to be in awe of the stage and audience.

​I walked slowly onto the stage, and none of them seemed to notice. I came up behind her and grabbed her in my arms. She shrieked but once she realized it was me started to giggle.

I set her back onto the stage, and she went back to looking out into the crowd. I smiled at her, and could hear the overhead backstage telling the people to start getting ready. I let out a small sigh and picked her up and carried her back to my dressing room.

​As I got dressed as Galinda, she looked at me like she had never seen me in character before. She looked at the big ball gown like it was the best thing in the world. Once I was fully dressed and mic'd up, I grabbed her hand.
​"Mommy, you are the pettiest princess of them all" she said, and I attempted not to break down on spot.

​"Thank you honey" I said, leading her back into the greenroom, where she would stay for the show.

​"I love you Mommy" she said as I went to leave to get in my spot for "No One Mourns the Wicked"

​"I love you too" I said, walking back to her. I kissed the top of her head lightly before I went back to get in place.

YEET YAY I LOVED YAY.

APUSH TEST ON MAY 5TH -- CHOIR AT STATE ON MAY 5Th -- PRAY FOR ME

Thanks for reading!!