Abi/Kevin - Suicide

Kevin's POV

I was laying in bed next to my wife, who was snoring softly, curled under the blankets, one foot was wrapped with mine, and her head buried in the pillows.

I was still on my phone, scrolling through social media, it was only 9:00, but Abigail had Bonnie and Clyde rehearsal all day today. I mean, the show opens in a month.

I saw that someone I didn't know had mentioned me in a tweet, which was weird, Abigail wasn't famous enough, yet, Lord knows she'll be famous, for people to take an interest in her husband.

@KevinMAlvarez, I don't know if you've seen this article about @AbigailLAM, but you should read it.

It was an article from like, '16, it's 2024 now, this was probably from when she was just adopted. I opened it and read a bit in it before I read this,

In April, Miranda was hospitalized due to an attempted suicide. Swallowing a bottle of pills put the 15 year old in the hospital.

What? Abigail, she, she tried to kill herself? When she was 15? I looked to my left to see my wife, peacefully sleeping, she seemed content, what if the suicide worked? She wouldn't be here. I probably wouldn't be married. I wouldn't have my little bunny to hold, and joke with, and share my life with.

Why though? Why was she in the place in the first place? Who did that to her, Lord knows she's never done anything to anyone else, ever. I reached over and stroked her hair a little, so I could see a little bit of her face. I carefully slipped my arm under her waist, and pulled her closer to me. As soon as I did that, she turned a bit and moved her head onto my chest, and her arm over me.

I kissed the top of her head softly, she was perfect. She was so precious, and loving, and sweet. She didn't deserve to die, I hated thinking that she wanted to, and worse that she tried. As I was imagining my life without the adorable woman that was snuggled into me, I started crying, softly.

"Kev?" I heard her quiet voice ask, and I looked down to see her looking up at me, "Kevin are you okay?"

"I love you Bunny." I whispered, stroking her hair back.

"I love you too Kevin." She said, trying to push herself up with her weak arms, but I pulled her back down into me, hugging her tightly. "Kevin what's going on?" She asked, her head against my chest again.

"No, sweetheart I love you, you're important to me. Honey, I can't live without you."

"Kevin, what happened?"

"Bunny, did you, um, did you try and kill yourself?" I asked, keeping my hand on her back.

"A long time ago." She whispered, "I was a kid. Who told you?" She asked, nervously.

"I found an article, why didn't you tell me? We're married, you're my wife, you should've told me."

"I know, Kevin, I, I was a different person back then, I'm sorry." She whispered, trying to get out of bed.

"Nuh uh Bunny." I said, sitting up and pulling her body back to me, so she was sitting in my lap.

"Kevin, Kev, I'm so sorry." She whimpered.

"Nope, don't be sorry little bunny, come here." I scooped my wife into my arms and stood up, "what do you wanna watch?" I asked, leaving the bedroom.

"I don't know, The Last Five Years?" She suggested, wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Done." I said, kissing her head. I walked her into the kitchen, and set her down on the counter, as I grabbed two bottles of sparkling cider, we didn't have alcohol in the house, she was uncomfortable with it, so, we just didn't drink, cider was a compromise. I handed her the bottles, then brought her over to the couch, where I turned the movie on. I felt her snuggled into my side, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Warning Kev, I may cry." She said.

"Abigail, do you know how many times we've watched this movie? I'll be crying with you." I said, rubbing her arm, as Anna Kendrick started singing.

After our movie ended, and Abigail was sobbing. I lifted her up, and brought her back into our room, carefully putting her on the bed.

"You're never allowed to cheat on me Kev." She said, watching as I got into bed next to her.

"What on earth would possess me to?" I asked, looking at my perfect little wife. I climbed on top of her, and softly kissed her lips, a kiss which she returned.

"I love you Kevin." She whispered, between kisses.

"I love you too Bunny." I said, flipping us so that she was on top of me. "You're so cute." I said, as her hair tickled the sides of my face. I smiled at her and kissed her nose, which merited a giggle.

"I have rehearsal tomorrow." She said, letting herself fall on top of me.

"Okay darling." I said, wrapping my arms around her. "Good night." I whispered, rubbing her back through her pink nightgown. "Have I mentioned today, how lucky I am to be in love with you?" I quoted The Last Five Years, and saw a soft, tired smile spread over her face, as she nuzzled in to me.

"Night Kev."

•••

Fun fact: this was the first Kevin one shot I wrote!

So, this is just a short little chapter. I hope you like it.

Thanks for reading!

- Abi