Abi/Kev - Vacation

"Sweetie, sweetie, go to sleep I'm tired hun, why aren't you tired?" I whispered, rocking Hunter. I was standing by her crib, and she was sobbing in my arms. "Are you hungry?" I asked, grabbing a bottle, I pushed it into her mouth, and she spat it out, and the little bottle fell onto the floor. "Just go to sleep." I groaned, "I love you Hunter, let mommy sleep."

I looked down at Hunter, then my eyes flitted to the clock, reading 1:46. I sighed, defeated, then took a deep breath.

"If you close your eyes and count to ten
You'll hear your dreams are calling again." I sang, and she stopped crying, her watery brown eyes blinking up at me, "Just follow the moon for all too soon a new day will appear, you'll have nothing to fear." I smiled at her, as she nuzzled her head into my arms. "For wherever you are and forever I'll be here." I smiled a little, as she was silent, then I set her down into her crib. I spun her little pink mobile, then turned the light off, leaving the room.

I dragged myself into my bedroom, and smiled a little, seeing the bed made. Kevin must have done that earlier. I yanked the white comforter back, and collapsed into the bed. I grabbed Kevin's pillow in a hug, a little upset because he wasn't home. Unable to think of anything else, I fell asleep.

•••

"Wake up lovey." Kevin whispered, pushing me a little bit.

"Five more minutes." I mumbled, rolling over to hug him, but he had already gotten up.

"Abigail, our flight leaves in two hours." He chuckled a little, walking over to our closet.

"Huh? Kevie, what?" I pushed myself up. "Flight?"

"We're flying to California. I took a week off of work so we could go on vacation." He explained, "I left a note on your pillow! I thought it would be cute and romanticy." He laughed a little.

"Kev, there's no note on my pillow." I said, looking at it.

"I'm sure I left a n- oh." He laughed as he walked out of the closet. He pulled a little blue piece of paper off of my face, then handed it to me.

"Oh." I mumbled.

Bunny -
Hunter is at your parents apartment. I took a week off of work. We're going on vacation, pack a swimsuit.
- ❤️ Kev

"To be fair, I did already pack for you." He added, buttoning his shirt. "And here's a dress for today." He handed me one of my older dresses.

"Really Kev?" I asked, holding it up. It was a short black dress, with a golden zipper going all the way down the front.

"Yeah, it was your favorite dress before we got pregnant." He shrugged.

"Kevin I, I, okay." I sighed, and started to change into it.

"Yay." He smiled, and kissed my hairline.

•••

"So, where exactly are we going?" I asked, as Kevin was pulling a throw blanket over our laps, in the plane.

"Like I said, California." He shrugged, plopping a bag of sour patch kids in between us.

"Yes, I got that, but like, where?" I asked.