Abi - (Luke AU) Betsy

"Can I use your phone?" I asked the receptionist, realizing I had no way to contact my husband. "I need to call my husband."

"Mmhm, go ahead." She smiled at me, and I smiled back, and dialed Luke's cell number.

"Hi Princess." I heard him say, "whose phone is this?"

"The hospitals." I said, tapping my foot, and bouncing Betsy lightly. "Can you come and pick me up?" I asked.

"Princess, my friends are over." He groaned, "can't you just take the subway?" He asked, and I sighed. I realized that if I had to be married to him, I should at least make the best of it. He had friends over, I shouldn't impose.

"Okay." I sighed.

"Good girl, now, when you get home, would you mind changing into something nice, and like, hanging out with us?" He asked.

"Sure." I sighed, "bye." I hung up, and handed the phone back to the receptionist. "Thanks." I flashed her a quick smile.

"Abigail?" I looked up, to see my doctor from earlier standing behind me, "uh, do you, do you need a ride? I'm on my break."

"Oh, no, no it's fine, I can take the subway." I sighed.

"But, your kids a day old." He protested. "Are you sure everything's okay?"

"Mmhm. My husband just can't pick me up, it's not a big deal. He has friends over."

"Sweetheart, he should be able to drive here and pick you up, he should also be able to leave work to be there for the birth of his daughter."

"He didn't even hold her." I said, breaking down a little, "I don't know if he even knows her name." I felt my doctors arms wrap around me. "He doesn't care. He doesn't care. No one cares."

"That's not true." He whispered.

"Yes it is. No one came, no one knows my daughter's name but me."

"Elizabeth right?" He asked.

"Mmhm." I nodded.

"See," he stepped away a bit, "I know her name."

"I have to go." I sighed.

"Alright, well, good luck with your husband." He smiled at me, and I left the hospital. I walked out into the streets of NYC, holding an infant close to me, I went underground, and found a seat on the train. I gently pulled Betsy's arms out of her blanket, and her blue eyes fluttered open.

"Hi Mijita." I smiled, using my parents nickname for me. "I'm your mommy." I handed her the stuffed elephant my doctor gave her, she hugged it, and started sucking on the ear. I gently kissed her forehead, and sighed.

"Hi, uh," I looked to my right to see a woman with her hand on my shoulder, "is she yours?" She asked.

"Mmhm." I nodded smiling.

"Oh, she's precious." The lady sighed, "can I hold her?" She asked, nervously, and I lit up.

"Oh! Sure!" I wrapped my arms around Betsy's small body, and set her in the woman's arms.

"What's her name?" She asked, lightly rocking her.

"Elizabeth." I smiled, realizing this was the first person other than the man who delivered her, and myself to hold my child.

"How old is she?" She asked.

"Uh, she's a day old."

"Oh goodness, well, she's very cute." She said, smiling at me.