Abi/Kev - High School Reunion

"Thoughts on this dress?" I asked Kevin, as I moved my hair to lay flat.

"Huh?" He spun around from the mirror in our shared, walk in closet. "Ugh, you're so pretty." He whined a little, and grabbed my hands, "I love you."

"Love you too Kev, but thoughts on the dress." I redirected him back to my point, "will it make your entire student body jealous of you?"

"Yes. I wasn't aware that's what we were going for, but, yes."

"Thanks." I smiled, and added a necklace. "Also, Kev, honey, the reason that high school reunions were created were so that the awkward nerdy science geeks - you -" I added as I adjusted his tie, "can show up ten years later, looking really hot in a suit, with a sexy wife, and a ton of money."

"Why do you think I was an awkward nerdy science geek?" He asked.

"Uh, this tie." I handed him a periodic table of the elements tie, that he owned. "Also, I think there's a stethoscope in your underwear drawer."

"Why were you in my underwear drawer?" He asked.

"Why were you looking through my bras the other day? We're married!" I laughed.

"I thought you were asleep when I did that, also, it was because you left one on the ground, I wasn't snooping, I was putting it away."

"Wait!" I laughed, "you actually did that? I was joking."

"Uh, um, uh, why were you in my underwear drawer?" He asked again.

"Pajamas." I shrugged.

"Okay, okay, well we should go." Kevin laughed, taking my hand.

"Mmkay." I smiled, and followed him out of the apartment.

•••

"Okay, so, uh, about, uh, when, when I was in high school," Kevin stuttered as he grabbed his name tag from the front table. "I guess, uh, I-"

"ALVAREZ?!" I heard someone shout, and I instinctively spun around.

"Abigail, there's something I should probably tell you." Kevin sighed.

"Dude! I haven't seen you in years, oh God! How've you been?" Another guy came over to my husband, and I let go of his hand, feeling awkward. Kevin quickly grabbed my hand back and held it very tightly.

"Good good." Kevin nodded, a little awkwardly,

"And oh, so cute." His friend smiled at me, and Kevin immediately pulled me closer. "You brought your hooker."

"Huh?" I said, "I, uh, Kev? I..." I looked at my husband, who seemed very embarrassed, as he pulled me into his arms.

"She's not a hooker." Kevin spat a little, "uh, so, how have you been?" He asked.

"Good. I own a little bike shop in Jersey, what about you?"

"I, it's, it's not important." Kevin rubbed the back of his neck. I looked at him oddly, he was usually really proud of his job, for obvious reasons.

"Well, come in! The guys'll love to see you." His friend started to rush into the gym. Kevin followed, and I hugged his arm.