Abi/Kev - Self Concious

Abi's POV

I was standing in the bathroom, my shirt rolled up so I could see my stomach. I was three months along with my kid, and I was officially showing. Not a ton, it just looked like I ate a lot. I sighed a bit, turning to the side, seeing if that would make it better. It didn't. I tried sucking in my gut, but that didn't help either, frankly, it didn't work.

"Bunny?" I heard Kevin knock on the door, "Abigail, dinner."

"One sec." I said, and pulled my shirt back down. I pulled the door open, and smiled seeing my husband in an apron.

"C'mon, food." He took my hand and pulled me off towards the table.

"Mmkay." I mumbled, sitting at my place at our small white table. Kevin started eating, and I bit my lip a little, I didn't want to eat.

My husband trailed off on a work story, and I managed to cover up the fact that I wasn't eating for a solid ten minutes.

"Honey?" He looked at me oddly. "You haven't touched your food."

"I'm not hungry." I sighed.

"You're pregnant." He said bluntly, "I know you're hungry."

"I don't want to eat." I clarified.

"Okay, um, our little one needs to eat, ca-"

"I know, I..." I trailed off, bitting my lip.

"C'mon, it's a caeser salad, you usually eat like three of these."

"I know, I just-"

"Your baby weight is normal. It's healthy. Trust me, I'm a doctor."

"Mmhm, and when did you become an obstetrician?" I asked, stabbing lettuce with my fork.

"Ha ha, but I do deal with a lot of obese people, and I am very well aware of the difference between healthy weight and unhealthy weight. Eating enough for your baby is healthy, eating a little too much while pregnant is healthy."

"Mmkay." I groaned a bit, and started eating.

"Thanks." He smiled, and ate a bite of his dinner.

•••

"C'mon, movie movie movie." Kevin was pulling me out of our room during my 5th month pregnant.

"I cannot hurry, I need to slowly walk, for Hunters sake." I nodded.

"Ugh." He groaned, slowing down to my pace.

"Thank you." I smiled, grabbing his hand, "I mean, I'm not even supposed to be out of bed." I noted.

"You're leaving one room, walking 20 steps to our living room, where you will sit on a couch, curled up with your very attractive spouse, under a blanket."

"Yeah." I sighed, gently rubbing my swollen stomach.

"C'mon." He gently pulled me onto the couch, wrapping me in his arms. "Hunters getting big." He noted, rubbing my stomach. "Okay, I have food for the two of you." He handed me popcorn, covered in chocolate sauce, which was one of my constant cravings. "And I have extra chocolate.