Chapter 77

*Julianne's P.O.V.*

I roll over in bed a countless amount of times, unable to sleep. It's early. Only 11 p.m., but I still had hope to sleep so that I can forget everything that is going on, at least for now. I pick up my phone, which has been beeping for the past 5 minutes because of its dying battery, finally, I turn off the phone, and lean over the bed in order to get a hold of the charger. Once the phone is connected, I leave it on the floor and get back into the position that I was in. I close my eyes and pretend that I am sleeping, of course, I am only fooling myself. I know that I won't be able to sleep for now, and probably not for the rest of the night, but I pretend to sleep anyway, and I even pretend to have a dream until my eyes become heavy.

"Julianne! Come downstairs, breakfast is ready!" My mom's voice rings through my ears as I open my eyes and welcome the brightness in my room.

"Coming, mom!" I shout back as I stretch and sit up on my bed.

Out of habit, I grab my phone to check my messages, and my profiles on social networks.

I make my way into the bathroom, and brush my teeth quickly before going down the stairs and entering the kitchen. Immediately, I am welcomed with the smell of pancakes and other goods.

In the kitchen stand three people, each with their backs towards me.

"It smells delicious in here, mom." I smile as I take a seat on one of the chairs.

The lady that I recognize as my mom seems to not hear me.

"Mom?" I call out to her.

The lady turns around, and indeed it is my mother, but she looks at me as if I am unknown to her.

"Who are you?" She grows nervous as she speaks, grabbing the attention of my father and sister.

"Mom?" I repeat, but this time more cautiously.

"Mom?" She asks me, in doubt, and looks over to Karen.

"Karen is my daughter. My only daughter. Who are you?" She asks again and panic begins to tug at each of my nerves.

"I am your daughter, mom, don't you remember me?" I ask her in fear and then I look from my dad to Karen, who both look as confused as my mother.

"Julianne?" Another voice, exactly like the one of my mother sounds behind me, and standing with her are replicas of Karen and my father.

"Mom?" I ask her in a scared tone, and look back to the family who didn't remember me. There is no longer anyone there.

"Are you ok, honey?" My mom asks me as she approaches me and wraps her arms around me.

"Y-yes, mom." I say to her and she smiles at me. "It smells delicious in here, mom." I repeat my previous words, hoping for a response that does not consist of her forgetting me.

"Thank you, honey. I made your favorite." Her smile broadens, and I immediately forget of the events that took place before she was here.

**

I woke up with a throbbing head, and unable to recall anything that happened last night. I spend the day this way, in pain and lost in my thoughts.