Chapter 73

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes, I wrote this entire chapter on my phone while waiting for class and while on the bus. Xx

--

I stay frozen in place as I try to pinpoint Gemma's exact thoughts.

"Y-You're leaving him?" She speaks, dragging me from my jumbled thoughts.

"Gemma. No-Yes. No." I sigh as I look down to the floor.

"You're leaving him?" She asks again. "How could you?" Her voice is low.

How could I? If I was leaving him, it would be completely justified anyway. Not that I am leaving him, but still.

"Gemma." I begin but she cuts me off yet again.

"No. How could I? You are in all your right to leave him." I look up to her just as she lowers her head.

"What?" Confusion gets the best of me.

"He can't remember you. It's been nearly two month." Her voice becomes a whisper. "It's just shocking. How will he feel? He will miss you." She says, almost as if speaking to herself. "Please don't leave him." She looks back up at me.

"If you would let me explain." I start off. "I am not leaving him. Not mentally or emotionally." I try to explain my plan when a knock is heard on my door.

"Is everything ok girls?" Anne's voice rings through my room as the door knob spins and the door is pushed open.

Just like myself, Anne freezes where she stands once she processes what is going on in front of her.

"Let her explain." Gemma speaks before Anne can begin questioning me.

Confusion and pain runs through Anne's face, but she nods, thus giving me a chance to state my decision.

"Maybe we should lock the door this time?" Gemma suggests as she moves foward and turns the lock on my bedroom door.

We all manage to take a seat, Gemma and I on my bed, and Anne on the chair that belongs to my desk.

"Dr. Shouls.. He gave me an idea-"

*Harry's P.O.V*

It's been well over half an hour since my family left back home, and since then, I haven't seen Julianne. Actually, I haven't seen her since my sister spilled syrup all over herself and they both departed to find a new shirt for Gemma. Well, technically, I have seen her since then, when she came done to say goodbye to my mum, Gemma, and Robin, but she quickly went back upstairs after. Since then, I have debated on whether or not I should go upstairs and try speaking to her, but I come up with the conclusion that maybe she just isn't ready to speak to me. Just as I begin clearing the rest of the table, after convincing my mum that I would do the dishes later on, I hear footsteps coming from upstairs. I force myself to not look up at Julianne, and instead try to act normal. I take the dirty plates into the kitchen, and once I turn around, I see her getting a glass and filling it up with water. Once she drinks it, she moves closer to me, to the sink actually, and turns on the water. She grabs the sponge and puts some dish washing soap on it before picking up a plate amd scrubbing it. There is an unbearable silence between, and as much as I wish I could say something, I don't want to say the wrong thing. I stare at her for a couple more seconds, before pulling out a drawer and grabbing an extra sponge. I follow the same procrss she did, putting soap on the sponge, picking up a plate, and scrubbing it. She stopped her actions and looks up to me, almost as in shock or lost in confusion. I simply offer her a small smile, and continue scrubbing the plates.

"I'm going to Eleanor's house." She speaks, instantly getting rid of the silence that was killing me.

"Oh." I say, silently wishing that she would stay so that we could talk.

"Would you like me to take you to somewhere? To the shared flat or I don't know?" She asks, still scrubbing plates.

Maybe I should just go, maybe that would clear my mind a bit.

"I will call them to see if they're busy." I respond.

"You should call him now, I'm leaving once we are done." She speak in a low voice.

I quickly rinse my hands before drying them off with a napkin.

After getting an ok from the boys, I rush to take a shower, not wating to make Julianne wait any longer.

**

"I'll text you when I am leaving Eleanor's house." She looks over to me once she parks in front of the flat that the boys and I used to share.

"Alright, stay safe." I respond to her.

"You too, please." She nods at my request.

**

"You're what?!" Eleanor and Danielle say simutaneaously.

We managed to reach Danielle through video chat, so that she will not be left out during my sharing of these news.

"I honestly think it's best." I say as tears begin to appear in my eyes. "This is my last source of hope." I continue as a tear drops down my face.

My two best friends stay there. Not moving. Shocked.

"I already spoke to my mom, and everything is set."

"W-when are you l-leaving?" Eleanor stutters as her eyes begin to become watery as well.

"Tomorrow." I look down at my hands. "The flight is at noon." I give her the details.

"And ... W-whise taking you to the airport?" She asks.

"A cab. You have class so you won't be able to and ... Harry doesn't know yet."

"I can skip my class- wait. What?! Harry doesn't know?!" Danielle joins her in the shock, once again.

"I am telling him tonight." I explain.

"Julianne, you have practically told everyone but him!" Danielle speaks up through the computer screen.

"I know ... I know. It's just, I decided yesterday, and he has been busy with his family." I try to justify my reasoning.

"You need to tell him. Now." Eleanor says. I know she is right. I know she is.

I nod and pull out my phone to text Harry and tell him that I will be picking him up soon.

"I will miss you. So much." Eleanor says as tears spill from her eyes. She embraces me with a hug, and we both sob into each others shoulders.

"If all goes well, I will be back, El." I try to lighten up the mood.

"Juju, remember that I will be here when you need me, especially since I will be closer to you know. Just one hour away actually." Danielle gives me a soft smile, automatically making me feel slightly better.

"I will be here too. Even if I am a million miles away." El says as she wipes her tears.

"Just think of it as it's my turn to have you near me." Danielle broadens her smile. "El had you long enough." She continues, causing El and I both to laugh.

"At least I got the mood to lighten up." She displays a smile to prove that she is proud of herself and her joke.

My phone buzzes, almost as if as on cue, dragging me back to reality.

"I was going to stay longer ... But as much as I am trying to avoid it ... I need to tell him." I explain to the two girls, and receive a nod in response.

"Let us know how it goes." El gets up from the couch and follows me to the door.

**

I drive through the streets in London with a full mind and glossy eyes. My vision occasionally gets blurry due to the overflow of tears, so I make sure to drive slowly and cautiosly.

On random occasions tears drip down my face, but I quickly dry them off knowing that if I don't do this, tears of sadness may become a permanent part of my life.

I slow down once I get to the designated street, and park in front of the house that I had dropped Harry off earlier.

Once the car is parked, I pull out my phone and open the camera app. After setting it so that I can see myself, I make sure that I look at least fairly presentable. Once I let the redness on my face, from the previous tears that I had shed, I text Harry and tell him to come out.

In a matter of minutes I see the front door open, and he slowly walks toward the car. I take a minute to take in his body, his face, and the smile that appeared on his face once he saw me. The smile that dissapeared instantly when he opened the car, and saw my slightly puffed eyes, and my somewhat sad appeareance.

"Is everything ok?" He closes the door next to him and looks at me with a worried expresion.

I nod despite knowing that tonight consisted of an abundance of tears.