Chapter 5

Darn it! I left my phone at the arena. Great oh great, and I keep calling and no one picks up. This is ridiculous, I just got my brand new Galaxy S3 too.

I just remembered that Lilah's birthday is tomorrow and her parents organized a slumber party with her closest friends at some expensive hotel downtown for the next three days since mid winter break in school is until Wednesday. I also remembered that the only reason why my mom agreed to let me go was because I would have my phone and she would be able to check up on me whenever she wanted since there would be no parents there.  Guess who has no phone through which her mother can contact her through? This irresponsible girl right here. Guess who's not going to the slumber party? Yup, this girl right here.

*Dials phone number again*

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hello?" answered that voice that for a second seemed unfamiliar.

"Hello? Whose this? I think you have my phone. Well, I don't think. I kind of know that you have my phone since I dialed it and you picked up." I told the person who I now recognized as Harry.

"Well hello there love, nice to hear your voice again!" he said. Goodness gracious, I was talking to Harry Styles and all I cared about was getting my phone back.

"Hey smiley, I really, really need my phone back before my mother flips out. Is there any way that I can get it from you? I mean, I'm pretty sure that your people won't let you out in public, but can you just give it to one of your security guards and maybe I can pick it up somewhere? Pretty please" I practically beg him.

"Sure thing, love, how about you come pick it up at the Pennsylvania hotel  at 3 p.m. tomorrow? And, don't worry about the security, I'll meet you on  the 10th floor." Harry suggested.

"She can't come up here mate, security won't let her past the elevators on our floor!" shouted out one of the boys from the band.

"Damn, that's right, thanks mate. Hey Julie, meet me on the 6th floor, I'll go down to get you love" he finally decided.

"Ew, I hate it when people call me Julie! But, whatever! Anyway, the Pennsylvania Hotel? You guys are really staying right across Madison Square Garden?" I questioned him.

"Yep, that's the one!" He said giggling

"Ok, cool. 3pm, 6th floor it is." I replied.

"Great, see you then love." he said sounding excited.

"See you then smiley." I giggled back

*************************************************************************************

*12:00 pm next morning*

I wake up, pack up the things that I will need for Lilah's slumber party, and get ready to go take a shower so that I can go pick up my phone from cutie pie Harry. I turn on the weather channel, as I do every morning, and pick out my clothes for the day.

"Snow storm approaching the north east coast between today and tomorrow morning. Two to three feet of snow expected to fall." says the weather reported. Ehh whatever, those weather reports are never accurate anyway. I mean yeah it was gloomy out, but all I saw was heavy rain. Nothing an umbrella won't cover.

I call the girls and tell them that I'm going to go pickup my phone and that I'll meet them at the hotel.

*2:00 pm*

"Mom, I'm leaving, I'm going to go see if I find the rest of Lilah's gift." I scream out to my mother from the door as I grab my umbrella and my slumber party suitcase.

 Jeez, good thing Lilah's party is indoors because this bad weather is really ruining the day.

Oh boy, not only is this day a good cause of a bad hair day, but it is also messing with the New York transportation. At the pace of this bus, I will never get my phone back.

*3:15*

Dammit, I'm running late. I just got off of the bus, the wind has officially destroyed my umbrella, I am now soaking wet, it is now snowing, and most importantly once again, Harry Styles has been waiting for me for 15 minutes!

I finally get to the hotel and there are so many people in the lobby, enough people to allow me to just brush passed everyone including the receptionist.
I finally reach the elevator.

Lalalalala, this is by far the longest elevator ride ever. Everyone was looking at me as if I was crazy. Then again, I did look like a walking mess. Ugh, It seems like all of the people who got on with me plotted to get off in every floor before the one that I was getting off on.

*Ding- Elevator Door Opens*

I step out of the elevator and look around for Harry. There is no one in sight. Great. Either he left, or he hasn't gotten here. Hopefully he hasn't gotten here.

"Smiley..?" I whisper.

No response.

"Oh great. Now I am definitely not getting my damn phone back. Ugh! I look like crap. The cute boy who I have been infatuated with since last night must feel as if I stood him up. It's snowing outside. My clothes for the slumber party must be all wet. Can things get any worse?" I ask myself after kicking my suitcase out of frustration.

"You've been infatuated with me?" I hear a voice followed by a great deal of giggles.

I look up.

"Smiley? You didn't leave?" I asked him.

"Nope, I had to hide around the corner of the hallway just in case someone else came. Now answer my question!" he demanded, now laughing and with his cheeks and pink as can be.

"You weren't suppose to hear any of that. It's kind of been a long day. I'm sorry for being late.." I say to him.

"No worries, I can tell that you had a rough time getting here." He whispers while pushing my all wet hair out of my face.

"Well, this is embarrassing. You look so warm and comfortable and decent looking while I look like an upside down mop." I say quietly.

"Who said mops are ugly? Maybe I like mops." this response makes me want laugh inside.

"Haha, hilarious smiley." I say sarcastically, not wanting him to know that he really did get to me.

"I know you want to laugh. Um, what's the suitcase for? Decided to move in with me already?" He asks me with this huge smile on his face.

I wish.

"You would have thought that's what it's for! It's my friend's birthday and we're having a surprise slumber party for her at a hotel a few blocks up from here." I respond smiling.

"Ohh, sounds like fun. Here's your phone by the way. Be more responsible next time!" He says clearly making fun of me as he smiles.

I give him a serious look. Too bad it didn't last long as I just had to burst out into laughter.

"Blah blah blah, thank you very much" I say forgiving his joking comment.

"I guess I should go now.." I tell him in a serious tone.

"Maybe you should use some of those clothes you have in that suitcase of yours and get out of those wet clothes first." he suggests. That was a smart idea smiley.

"Smart kid." I mock him.

"I'm not just that boy that you are infatuated with you know. I am way much more than that. I'm smart. Cute. Caring. The boy you are infatuated with. Did I mention smart?" he blurts out laughing

I give him a "serious" look.

"Be careful, don't laugh to hard, your laughing box might explode...Oh come on grumpy." Harry remarked sarcastically.

"Follow me, grumpy pants!" he said while gesturing me into the elevator.

I followed.

We get on the elevator, Harry presses the "10th floor button."

...

Thump.  The elevator stops.