Chapter 27

After getting back from the supermarket, Harry and I began preparing everything for the barbecue later on today. We unpacked the bags and organized the things that we needed to take downstairs to the pool area. I am currently seasoning the meat and chicken so that we will only have to throw them on the grill and cook them later on. Harry left to begin taking the things downstairs as 3 pm was approaching. I just about finish seasoning the meat and chicken, and finished putting them into big aluminum containers, when Harry opens the door and walks in.

"Right on time, I just finished doing the seasoning." I smile up at him as I finish drying my hands after washing them.

"Do you want me to take them down now or do you want to put them in the fridge until we start?" He says as he approaches me.

"Um, we can leave them up here and take them down when we go downstairs together." I say in response and he nods and smiles as he approaches me.

"So..." He starts off. Oh no. Whenever he starts off his sentence with "so," that means that we need to talk about something.

I automatically begin over thinking things. Oh no. What if everyone decided not to come? "What's wrong?" I ask him with curious eyes.

"Nothing's wrong. Just... the guys asked if they could bring more people."

I sigh in relief. "Goodness gracious, you scared the life out of me for a second there. What did you tell them?"

"I told them that I would call them back. I decided that I wanted to talk to you about it first since you are already nervous as is." He looks down at me as we stand hugging each other in the middle of the living room.

"You didn't have to do that. If you are Ok with inviting them then I will be Ok too, a little more nervous but I wouldn't mind." I give him a genuine smile.

"Really? Are you sure? How about if I invite my family?" He goes on to say with a hopeful smile. Oh man. Next thing you know we have all of London in the backyard.

The thought of meeting Harry's family is frightening. So many thoughts run through my head: What if they don't like me? What if they don't think I'm pretty? What if I make myself look like a fool in front of them. I already have enough trying not to trip and fall in front of the people that have been added to our guest list. I feel the fear running through my face because just the thought of Harry's mother and step father meeting e while I am in a bathing suit and holding a spatula for the barbequed items is embarrassing.

Harry must have seen my face go pale as he kisses my forehead and says "Never mind love."

"Y-you can invite them... if... you... want." I say because I am not a selfish person and I am not going to stop Harry from inviting his family to a barbecue just because I am nervous.

"No, it's ok, really. I don't want to push your nerves over the edge all in one day." He chuckles.

"We can compromise." I provide him with a half smile. "I just don't think it will be a good first impression to meet your mother and step father while wearing a bathing suit. I'll have to hug them while I am half naked. That would be weird." I laugh at just the thought of me embracing Harry's mother into a hug while I am in some sort of swim suit.

"Fair point, well made!" He laughs in unison with me. "How about I just invite my sister?"

"Perfect." I give him a cheeky smile and nod.

"Let me go call her up, and let me tell the boys that bringing over some more people is ok. I already have my bathing suit ready so we can leave once you're done."

"Alright, I'll go get ready."

**

When I get up to my room I quickly glance at the clock. 2:45 pm. Damn. I got 15 minutes to pick out a bathing suit, put it on, and rush downstairs. I shuffle through my clothes and pick out three bathing suits that I consider wearing to the barbeque. I think about asking Harry which one he likes better, but I decide against it because I am sure he is going to make me try them on, then I am going to want to fight against trying them on in front of him, and quite honestly there is no time for all of that, so no. I decide on a black and white polka dotted high-waist bathing suit. I run to the bathroom, take off my clothes, and quickly put the bathing suit on. I grab my teal bathing suit cover up and put it on as well. I throw some flip flops on, undo my hair and slightly comb it, then I grab my ray bans and head down to the living room.

"Harry, let's go!" I scream throughout the flat because I don't know where he is and there is no time to look for him.

When I get to the living room, I spot an already ready Harry sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Really?" I say to him and can't hold back the laughter that is coming from the fact that he is seriously chilling watching TV while I was running around trying to get ready.

He smiles up to me. "Well all I had to do was take off my clothes and put on my trunks. You look great by the way." He winks at me.

I feel my cheeks flush. "Thanks. Now let's go!" I say as I pull him by the hand and run to the door.

"We might want to get the meat and chicken from the fridge before we go down there, I think they are key parts of the barbecue." Harry jokes as he pulls back and stops us both.

"Oh, right." I chuckle as he heads over to the kitchen and grabs the 4 huge containers from the fridge.

"Come let me help you." I offer my help to him because I know that those containers are heavy. Well at least for me they are.

"I got it love. Go get the elevator." I follow his orders as I finish locking up.

**

It's is now 3:05 pm and everything is set up and ready to go. Luckily, there was a grill provided when the space was rented, so Harry and I didn't have to buy one. Eleanor called me to say that they were all almost here, so they should be here in a couple of minutes. The nerves are starting to build up because I know that soon a lot of people are going to come through those doors that are separating this area from the outside world.

"It'll be fine Juju" Harry says to me as he creeps up behind me.

"What are you? Some sort of feelings reader?" I chuckle because he always seems to know when I am nervous.

"Maybe. That or the panicked look on your face gave it away."

"Oh." I blush. "Maybe I should work on that before the guests get here."

"Yeah because if you don't, everyone is going to think that I did something to you." We both chuckle until we are cut off by his phone ringing and by my phone vibrating.

As Harry picks up the phone, he gives some directions on how to get to this area of the flat. He wraps up the conversation just as I finish reading the text that Eleanor sent me.

"They're here." We say in unison as I smile nervously and begin walking over to the door in order to unlock it.

***********************************************************************

Please vote and comment. Xx