Chapter 38

I don't know what to do now. I don't think going to Harry's house would be a good idea. Danielle is on the other side of the world, along with my family, and Eleanor is in school. For a second, I think about texting Ed, and going back over to the studio, but I know that doing that would only stir up more drama. Although I know that El is in school, I send her a quick text telling her to text me as soon as she can. I stand outside of the building that I was just in, looking around an taking in my surroundings. What should I do? Where do I go?

When I get lost in my thoughts, I am brought back by the shouting and flashing that is coming from in front of me. Great. I come to the conclusion that standing in front of this building may not be the best choice, so I begin to dodge all of the questions being thrown at me, and begin walking.

"Julianne, is it true that you and Harry are over?"

"Julianne! Why Ed?"

"Julianne! What does Ed have that Harry doesn't?"

"Are these just rumors?!"

"Where are you going now?"

"Are you going to run back to your little ginger friend now?!"

The last question hits my core, and without much thought I stop and send a death glare in the direction of the question.

"No! I am not going to him! I am not with him! All of the rumors are lies! Lies! Dammit!" I shout.

I let the anger take over me, and before I rip off the heads of one of these stupid stalkers, I pull out my headphones from my bag, and put them into my ears. I connect the end of the headphones to my phone, and put the music as loud as it can go. I try to make my way out of the circle that I now find myself in, but these paparazzi just won't budge.

I push. I shove. I push, and I shove. Nothing happens.

As I am unable to get myself out of this situation, my claustrophobia begins getting the best of me and soon enough anxiety begins making its way throughout my body.

Tears begin forming in my eyes as I begin to panic. Questions, lights, shouting, pushing, is now occurring all around me. Hands crawl over each part of my body, and I find myself unable to speak.

Just when I am losing my sanity, I try to grasp the music that is playing in my ears. Techno music is next when my phone shuffles the songs that I have.

I still try and try to make my way out of the crowd, but the circle has closed in much more than what it was a couple of minutes ago.

My control over my anxiety is tugged away when I feel the ear buds being ripped from me ears. As I turn my head, in an attempt to look for my headphones, I see a man with a camera in one hand, and my white headphones in the other hand. A wicked smile appears on his face, and fear washes through me.

"Hey! Get away from her!" I hear a voice shouting.

"Back off!" My ears catch the words of the screaming voice. The familiar voice.

Everything around me stops, and in a matter of seconds I find myself free. I turn around to see all of the paparazzi now running towards the building where the boys are in.

A big man takes hold my arm, and looks down into my eyes. "Are you alright?" He says to me.

I nod and thank him as I aim my attention back at the paparazzi.

" How did you do that?" I ask him.

"I didn't do anything. The boys did." He replies to me.

"The boys?" I question.

"We were prepared to exit the building to a load of paparazzi, but when we came out we found that all of them were huddled over here. We were going to try to leave quietly, but then Zayn noticed you. That was when Harry lost it and was ready to jump into the crowd. We had to hold him back, but he still was able to scream and get their attention so that they could get off of you." He explains to me, as the tears still run down my face.

I look over and find him staring into my eyes, and I find myself too overwhelmed to even begin processing everything that has happened today.

Now, he is being questioned. Just like I was, but of course, he is used to it.

"We are going to get a car to drop you off at your house." The buff man continues, and I shake my head.

"No. It's fine. Thank you." I say to him and begin to walk away.

He grabs me by the arm. "It's per order miss. I have just been ordered by one of my boss' upstairs to make sure that you get home safely." He says as he points to the ear piece in his ear. I guess that's where the puppeteers talk to him by.

I try to force my way out of his hold, but I am unable to.

"Screw your boss'!" I yell, still looking at Harry.

Anger makes its way through my eyes, and I am sure that Harry has now caught alone.

"You work for them ! To keep them safe, not me. So look after them!" I point to Harry, and the big man looks over to him, almost as if asking him permission.

Harry simply nods in what seems like defeat, and with that I find myself free from the big security man in front of me.

I stare at him for another minute, and then I turn away and walk towards the corner. Once I reach the corner, I turn around to catch him still staring at me. Dammit Harry! If you would have even tried to put more time aside to spend with me, none of this shit would be happening!

**

I have been walking for a couple of minutes now, I have passed coffee shops, jewelry stores, candy stores, a movie theatre, and many other places to waste money on. As I catch myself taking in the scenery around me, I conclude that this is a nice neighborhood. It is clean, and gives a nice feeling. I still don't know where to go, but I decide that if I keep on walking, I will eventually come up with something. I spot a park down the hill of where I am walking, and I choose to take a walk throughout the park. Walks in parks have always calmed me down, and have always given me serenity.

Just as I reach the park, I notice a hotel across the street. Although it looks expensive, if I cannot find a place to go, I make the decision to stay there over night.

**

I spend quite some time walking throughout the park, I honestly didn't think that it was this big, but I am glad that it is. I already feel better than I did a couple of hours ago.

I take a seat on a bench that I spotted, and pull out my phone.

I am only aware that my phone has been on silent when I see 7 new messages, 8 missed calls, and 1 voicemail.

1 missed call from Ed, 3 from Eleanor, and 4 from Harry.

2 new messages from Ed, 3 from Eleanor, and 2 from Harry.

1 voicemail from Harry.

Ed's first message reads:

-New Message-

From: Mista Ginga

How'd it go?

-End Message-

Ed's second message, from an hour after he sent the first message, reads:

-New Message

From: Mista Ginga

I'm concerned. Hope you are both ok.

-End Message-

Eleanor's first message reads:

-New Message-

From: Ella

What's wrong?!

-End Message-

Eleanor's second message, from 15 minutes after she sent the first one, reads

-New Message-

From: Ella

Hello?!

-End Message-

Eleanor's final message, from 10 minutes ago, says:

-New Message-

From: Ella

I called you three times. I'm worried. Pick up or text me!

-End Message-

Finally. I become nervous as I open his message thread. Harry's first message says:

-New Message-

From: My Green-Eyed Sky Scrapper <3

I am sorry for what the paparazzi did to you. I know that it is my fault. Please stay safe...

-End Message-

Harry's second message says:

-New Message-

From: My Green-Eyed Sky Scrapper <3

I understand why you didn't pick up my calls, but please just let me know that you are ok.

-End Message-

My insides begin to crumble as I hear his voice.

Harry's voicemail:

Julianne, please. I am worried sick. I know that you are mad at me but please just let me know where you are, or at least that you are ok. I have called everyone who you know that lives here, and nobody knows where you are. I have called Eleanor like ten times, and I am sure that she is probably pissed off at me by now, but I am just so scared Julianne. Please call me. Or text me. Please. Please come home. Please. I am sorry for not coming home to you earlier each day, I am oh so beyond sorry baby. Please just come home.

My heart aches as his whimpers cloud my head.