Epilogue

*Julianne's POV*

-Months after-

I wake up to a quiet house. The house is quiet ... too quiet.

I slowly walk down the stairs after brushing my teeth and call out for Harry.

After checking the living room and finding no one, I walk into the kitchen and find a smiling Harry at the other side of the counter, with a cake with lit candles in front of him.

"Happy Birthday, baby." He speaks as I step closer to him.

I am surprised, really. I didn't expect Harry to get a cake since I told him that I just wanted to spend the day, or at least most of the day with him. We have dinner reservations with the group later on, but he promised that for the day and beginning of the afternoon, we would walk around the house in pajamas.

"Thank you, baby. You really didn't have to." I lean up to kiss him.

"Come on, blow out your candles... or, should I sing to you first?" He smiles down at me.

"You don't have to sing, honey." I bend over, make a wish, and quickly blow out my candles.

"Shall we have some cake?" Harry looks over to me and pulls out a knife from the drawer.

"At 9 a.m.?" I giggle. "Sure why not?!" I continue and laugh as he passes me the knife.

After cutting two pieces of cake, I enjoy every bit of my piece. Who would have thought? Cake for breakfast, I laugh internally.

When I turn around to put the plate in the sink, I am caught off guard by Harry.  

I shriek as he swipes a finger full of cake across my face. "Harry!" I shout playfully and am rewarded with a broad smile and quirky laughter.

He closes his eyes as he tilts his head back and laughs at how silly I may be looking right now. I look at him mischievously and instantly grab a hand full of cake and spread it all over his face. As a result of my actions, his laughter is cut short and his facial expression is priceless.

 He retaliates by digging his hand into the remainder of the cake, but before he can run his hand over my face I run out of his sight and into the living room. I thought that I was going to be able to escape being splattered with more cake, but I was wrong. Before I know it, cake is flying through the air and creating a mess not only on my shirt, but on our floor. I stand in shock as Harry starts laughing again, causing adrenaline to rush through me.  I pull out the "I'm mad" card and frown while I cross my arms as I turn my back at him.

"Babe." Harry speaks.

I say nothing.

"Baby .. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I ruined your shirt." I hear him getting closer.

Yet again, I say nothing.

I slowly move my hand and grab a chunk of cake that is sitting at the top of my shirt.

"Baby ... please don't be mad. I'll buy you a new shirt. The exact same one. I'll buy you five of them. Please, baby." he places his hand on my shoulder.

 I smile knowing that he is unable to see me.

"I don't care about the shirt." I say in an "angry" voice. "I care about you dirtying my floor!" I raise my voice as I quickly turn around and place the chunk of cake on his shirt and burst into laughter.

His mouth falls open as I laugh in his face.

"I hope that wasn't your favorite shirt, sweetie." I smile and immediately see a plan formulating in his eyes. I grow serious as I get ready to begin to run away. As soon as I take a step away from him, in an attempt to run, his arms cling around my waist and pull me back, causing us both to fall on the floor. We both laugh as I lay against the floor and Harry lays on top of me.

"I will win this war, baby." He whispers.

"You can't win a war without starting one." I quote an old saying, that I instantly remembered seeing somewhere, as I challenge him.

He smiles at me as he comes down to kiss me.

"I love you." He says to me.

"Never as much as I will love you." I respond as we lay there, on the floor of our flat, covered in cake and very much in love.

I don't care for the  waste of a perfectly delicious cake because I know that this is the start of forever. 

The End.