Chapter 28

I would just like to give a special shout out to maym4y, for constantly showing her support by writing comments on each chapter of this story. So thank you ! Lots of love! Xx

Enjoy and please just take a second to vote or comment. Your support and feedback counts, and means a lot to me, when I am writing each chapter. Xx

**************************************************************************

*Julianne's P.O.V.*

"Hey!" All of the voices, that appeared when Harry and I opened the door, shouted.

They begin coming in a single filed line. Each of them say hi to Harry first, because he is closer to the door, then they walk over to greet me.

"Hi Juju!" Eleanor says to me as she embraces me in a big hug and I return the affection with a big welcoming hug.

Then comes in Danielle.

Perrie.

Louis.

Niall.

Zayn.

Liam.

Then... a whole bunch of people that I don't know. I can already feel the color draining from my face because of all the new faces.

Suddenly I feel an arm wrap around my waist. I look up to my side and see Harry and I automatically become more relax at his embrace.

"Love, this is Luke, Michael, Calum, and Ashton. You probably remember them from the concert. They're in 5 Seconds of Summer, and they opened up for us during our tour. And guys, this is my girlfriend Julianne." Harry introduces four boys who look a little bit younger than me.

I smile politely. "Hi, you can call me Juju, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too Juju." They all say one by one as they approach me to greet me with a hug.

"Well, you guys go make yourself at home, we should be starting the cookout soon." Harry says to the boys as we continue to receive more guests.

"Hey love! Lovely to see you again. I see your hair has missed me." Says a blondish girl giggling, I immediately catch an eye of the baby she is carrying. That baby must be the most adorable baby in the planet. "You must be Julianne! I've heard so much about you!" She proceeds to say to me once she reaches me.

"Love, this is Lou, our close friend and hairstylist." Harry introduces her as she puts the baby down and wraps me in a nice hug.

"Great to meet you, love." She says to me.

"Nice to meet you too." I say to her with an honest cheeky smile. I am beginning to feel more comfortable now because everyone seems so welcoming and kind.

"This is my daughter Lux, and my husband Tom." She continues to say while she points at the baby, who is now in Harry's arms, and at the man standing next to Harry.

"Hey, nice to finally meet you." Tom says with a smile, and I nod and smile back to him.

I walk closer to Harry to say 'hi' to the baby girl. I hope she likes me.

"Hey there pretty lady." I say in a somewhat baby voice and get a giggling reaction from Lux. She then hides her face in Harry's shoulder. She is literally the cutest baby ever.

"Caroline's outside parking the car, she should be in-"

"Here, right now." Lou is interrupted by a woman that has just came in through the door.

"Julianne, this is Caroline, One Direction's stylists. You now, the one who makes them dress decently." Lou says as her and Caroline crack up into laughter.

"Hey! I dress myself pretty nicely if you ask me!" Harry tries to defend himself in a failed attempt; he is not wearing the best of clothes today since he'll be getting in the pool soon.

For now, the flood of people has ended, so Harry puts Lux down and we head over to the grill to begin cooking.

As Harry works on turning the grill on, I take in the scenery around me. It makes me smile to see how everyone is already interacting with each other and how they seem to be having a good time so far. I see Lou putting Lux into her bathing suit and taking out floaties for when baby Lux gets into the pool.

"I should have gotten myself some of those." I say to Harry as I slightly point to the floaties in Lou's hands and begin to chuckle.

Harry is too caught up with trying to get the grill setup for me that he isn't even paying attention to what I'm saying. "Do you need help with that?" I begin poking him so that he can know that I am talking to him. Just as I do so, the grill gets going and Harry smiles in victory.

"There you go, all ready for ya." Harry smiles at me. "Are you sure you don't want me to help you cook?" Harry offers his help but I just want him to spend time with his friends.

"No, it's ok, I'm fine now." I say quite honestly to him.

"Can I help you later then?" He looks at me with puppy eyes.

"Fine." I say in defeat and tip toe in order to kiss him.

**

The first couple hours of the barbecue have been great. It turns out that the 'Ed' that Harry was referring to is actually Ed Sheeran, whose music I love, and that the 'Nick' that he was talking about is radio host Nick Grimshaw. After a nice introduction to them, I proceed to do some cooking until Harry's sister, Gemma, got here. At first I was hesitant on whether or not she was fond of me, but soon enough I concluded that she had mixed feelings about me. Harry insists that she likes me, but quite honestly, I don't see it. She has barely spoken to me during the time she has been here, and I could practically see that the smiles she gives me aren't real. Or maybe it's just me.

I guess Harry had talked to her about the situation, because soon enough she offered to help me at the grill. While we cooked, we talked about Harry when he was younger, and we talked about many other things such as school and my home back in America. I still feel a little tense around her, but, I am just trying to make sure that everyone is having fun.

Just as Gemma and I put more hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill, I realize that there was no more bread for them.

"Harry!" I call over to him and signal for him to come over to the grill.

When he gets there I tell him that we ran out of bread for the hot dogs and hamburgers. Luckily, there were extra packs of bread upstairs that Harry had left since he thought we wouldn't use all of them.

He tells me that he is going to go get them, and with that he begins walking towards the flat.

I guess Gemma got tired of trying to put up with me, so she suggested that I take a break. "You should go interact with the other guests. " Were here exact words.

I don't know who to approach first so I just stand there and look around.

El, Dani, and Perrie are sitting under an umbrella just talking about who knows what.

All of the guys are stuffing their faces with meat and chicken while laughing at something Niall had just said.

Baby Lux was just roaming around with her small pink unicorn toy. Lux had made a mess of some of the rice, that was brought by Gemma, and Lou was attempting to clean it all up. I begin to walk around the pool towards El, Dani and Perrie, when I stumble across purple and pink floaties. What the. I look over in an attempt to find Lux, who should be wearing these floaties. I notice her kneeling next to the pool, leaning in to get the pink unicorn, which I now realized was floating closer to the edge of the deeper side of the pool.

Oh shit. In less than 5 seconds, baby Lux goes head first into the pool and I feel the adrenaline and nerves rush through me as I run over to her as quickly as possible.

I lean in, in an attempt to grab her hand. I am trying to lean in as carefully as possible because I don't want to fall into the pool. I can't swim. Dammit, if I would have known that Lux was going to be brought to the barbecue, I would have convinced Harry to hire a lifeguard. I knew I should have pushed, for him to hire one, more.

I begin screaming for help shortly before I hear Eleanor screaming that Lux fell into the water. Just as I am able to scream enough to bring everyone else out of their distractions, I manage to stretch myself far enough to finally be able to grab Lux's hand and pull her in. Everyone reaches the scene just as I have pulled Lux out of the pool. I am now cradling her in my arms as her piercing cries fill the air. She begins coughing excessively as Tom takes her from me and lays her on the ground so that he could pump her stomach. By doing this Tom is making an attempt to make her spit up an excess water that she had swallowed in the short amount of time that she was in the pool. To our luck, Lux coughs up some water . There are a lot of people crowding the baby, which probably is making her more scared, so I decide to back away a bit. Everything that has just happened in the past 3 minutes is replaying in my head and I am snapped out of my thoughts when I catch sight of a pink and purple object. Lux's toy.

Maybe getting the toy will make her feel better. After all, that was all she ever wanted before she fell into the pool. Everyone is still hovering around the baby in an attempt to make her stop crying so I decide to try to get the toy myself.

I lean in to try to get the toy but the damn thing is just floating there, almost as if it were mocking me.

I look around the pool area to see if I see some type of stick or something to pull it in. I notice something that resembles an oversized butterfly net. I go over to pick it up and quickly return to my job at retrieving Lux's toy from the pool. As I stretch and stretch, reach and reach, I am finally able to get a hold of the toy. Until I lose my balance.