Chapter 67

*Julianne's P.O.V.*

"What would you like to drink?" The waitress asks in a soft, but bubbly, tone of voice.

She makes her way around the table as each one of us starts off with some type of alcoholic beverage.

"So how does it feel to be one year older, lad?" Niall asks Harry as he sits back.

"It feels the same, to be quite honest." Harry answers and chuckles.

"It's because you're getting old." Zayn speaks and the table begins to chuckle.

"And yet ... I'm still the youngest of the band." Harry huffs and laughs.

"Point well made." Liam says with a bright smile on his face.

"So ... I'm assuming we are all getting wasted tonight." Niall winks and everyone stays quiet. "Oh, come on!" Niall crosses his arms as his smile begins to fade. "We need to celebrate Harry's birthday, and the fact that both him and Zayn are still with us today." Niall makes a valid point.

"I guess you have a point." Harry agrees to Niall's idea.

I look over to him, "Are you sure you want to drink a lot tonight?" I ask Harry with worried eyes just as the waitress arrives to the table with our drinks.

He nods. "Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm sure I will." A broad smile appears on his face and he puts his hand over my hand, which is resting on my lap, automatically causing me to smile.

**

As we finish our dinner, everyone except myself is well under the influence of at least three alcoholic beverages.  I decided to stick with only one alcoholic drink, since everyone else had already agreed to drink their heads off. I am enjoying watching the group share intoxicated jokes and laugher, and momentarily, I debate on whether I should join them in their intoxication. I mentally shake my head at myself, and shove off the idea. That is, until the waitress comes over to take the new order of drinks. Everyone orders a new drink off of the beverage menu, as I sit back and try to figure out what each drink would taste like. Strawberry. Mango. Pineapple. Yet again, I shove off the idea of finding out the different taste of the drinks, as I know that I am now the only one sober enough to drive home.

When the waitress finally reaches me, I simply ask for a water, and am greeted with many grunts and groans.

"Come on, Juju!" I hear all the wasted people around me say. "Join us!" Almost everyone except Harry says.

"I'm good." I shake my head at them this time.

"Just have one more?" Niall suggests and everyone automatically starts to persuade me to follow Niall's suggestion.