Chapter 26

Harry and I have been staying in for the past week just enjoying each other's company. We've done everything from sleeping, to cooking, to watching TV all day long, to cleaning, to eating like there is no tomorrow. Today, we are going to host a pool party/barbecue since there is a backyard and pool in the back of the flat available for the tenants who live here. Summer is ending so we might as well enjoy it before it's gone. Harry made sure to rent out the area out back so that it can just be us, and so that we won't be interrupted with anyone wanting to come into the pool while we are here. We have invited the whole group consisting of the boys, and the girls, and after asking if it was ok for him to invite some of his other friends Harry invited his friends Ed and Nick.

I woke up a bit earlier than usual because I usually get anxiety when I get excited for something that is going to happen and that I think would be extremely fun. I let Harry sleep as I went on to take a shower and to clean up around the house just in case the party move inside for any reason. I was just about finished with scrubbing the windows, with the window cleaning spray and some napkins, when two arms come up around me and embrace me in a hug. I jump up in surprise even though I knew it was Harry since we are the only ones who live here.

"You know, we can get a maid for that." His hoarse sleepy voice says into my ear.

"A maid? It's ok, I can just clean when I am bored or can't sleep. Like today for example." I say while putting my hands over his, which are laying on my stomach as Harry stays put behind me.

"Are you sure?" He goes on to ask me.

I nod as we stand there looking out of the huge windows that are dividing the living room from the porch.

He kisses me on my cheek and lets go to spin me around so that I am facing him.

"Good morning." He says as he looks down into my eyes, thus causing me to feel those butterflies that I usually feel when he does that.

"Good morning sunshine." I smile up at him.

"Since when have you been awake? You cleaned the entire house so I am assuming you have been up for a while." He grabs my hand and leads me over to the couch and when he sits he pulls me down onto his lap.

"I think I woke up at six. The excitement of the barbecue got to me and didn't let me sleep." I chuckle which causes him to laugh and shake his head.

"Maybe we shouldn't host anything ever again if you are going to be waking up at 6 am to clean. I am going to have to wake up and check your room to see if you are sleeping more often." He says in a playful manner and I giggle.

Although Harry and I are now a real couple, we don't sleep together. He still sleeps in his bed and I still sleep in my bed. We both agreed that we will just go with the flow and if one day we end up asleep in the same bed together then that's ok.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask him changing the subject because I know that soon we need to go to the store to get all of the things we need for the barbeque.

"Something light, we should save our appetite for the food later." He suggests as he doesn't break eye contact with me.

"Yeah we should. How about some bagels with cream cheese?" I ask him.

"Sounds good." He smiles up to me.

I proceed to get up and make our bagels. After the bagels are done I serve two cups of juice and set them on the table. We eat up while making small talk about what we need to get from the store and about what time we will start cooking. It is now 11 am and our small get together is set to start at 3 pm. As Harry goes to take a shower I make a list of exactly what we need to get from the store. The guys said they would bring hot dogs and hamburgers, but I decide that we still need to get more so that I can make sure that there will be plenty, just in case. I finish the list after jotting down: meat; chicken; bread; hotdogs; hamburgers; ketchup; mayonnaise; plastic cups; plastic plates; napkins and other things.

"Alright, I'm ready love." Harry calls out as he walks down the stairs and smiles at me.

"Cool, me too." I smile in response.

"Paul should be outside by now, I called him before I took a shower and he said he would be here in about 15-20 minutes." He goes on to say. I keep forgetting that Harry needs to call Paul whenever he is going to very public places so that Paul can come or so that he could send security to monitor the fans in order to keep Harry protected.

I pull over the curtain slightly to see if I see Paul's car in the driveway. I spot a black car and a big man standing outside of it.

"Yeah, he's there."

"Alright then, let's go." Harry grabs my hand and we make our way outside after locking up.

**

"So, did you invite anyone else to the barbecue?" I say nervously as I grab a bottle of barbeque sauce and place it into the shopping cart. I need to know whose coming so that I can be prepared. I am already nervous at the fact that two of Harry's friends, that I don't know, are coming over.

"Just Ed and Nick, love. No need to be worried." I guess he read my thoughts as he tries to calm me down.

"Alright." I pout as he cups my face with his hands and kisses me on my forehead. It feels a little weird because Paul is just standing behind us following our every move while Harry and I are showing our affection towards each other.

"Oh, and this big, big guy named Paul something is coming too. He is big and looks like he has a death face on all the time." Harry jokes intentionally as he tries to poke fun at his security.

"Well, if you want to be mobbed by fans at your little barbecue thing then I wouldn't mind staying in my house doing something other than watching you." Paul pokes the fun right back at Harry, and Harry laughs.

"Oh!" I drag out the "oh" in an attempt to hype things up.

The three of us burst into laughter at my failed attempt to build up the excitement, and I guess we caught the attention of some people as they looked at us and their eyes went wide.

"Thanks a lot Ju-li-anne and Pa-ul!" Harry emphasizes each syllable in our names while trying to hold back his laughter.

I narrow my eyes at him, but then hear chuckles from the big man standing near us. Oh Paul. People start coming towards us. Great. "Oh shut up, you were laughing just as much as Paul and I."

After having a mini signing session, Harry is finally able to get back to the shopping. Luckily for us, Paul let me go on and do the rest of the gathering of the items that we needed alone, while Harry signed autographs.

"Sorry about that love, now where were we." Harry says to me after he finishes signing the last paper, or supermarket receipt at that, and notices me behind Paul.

"We were just about to go pay for these things." I smile at him as he looks down into the cart and his mouth drops.

"Is that everything?" He asks in disbelief.

"Yep." I respond to him and Paul takes the cart from me and begins pushing it.

"Why didn't you wait for me? Paul you let her go alone?!" Harry says looking a little upset.

"Because if you kept on roaming the aisles more people were bound to come and find you, then we would never get to our own barbecue." I explain to him.

"Yeah but you shouldn't have gone alone, some fans are interested in you too you know." He says in a more calmed tone.

"Oh please, nobody was after me. I got all the things and came back quickly, and don't blame it on Paul you know I have a way at convincing people to let me do things."

"Fine, but next time I am holding your hand while I sign things for people." He chuckles and embraces me in a hug.

"You are so weird." I hear Paul say as he chuckles.

"What did you say Paul?! Huh!? Say it to my face!" Harry lets go of me and begins putting his arms up like a boxer as he hops around Paul and laughs.

Paul has no remedy but to cover his face with his hands and burst into laughter.

"I feel bad for you Julianne." Paul says to me thus causing me to laugh. "Let's go before a magazine gets published on how you are acting like a fool." Paul says as he makes his way to the cashier.

I continue laughing and grab Harry's hand in order to follow Paul to the cash register.

"You're so silly." I lay my head against his arm as we continue walking with our hands linked.