Chapter 55

Hey guys, sorry about the some what late update. I have been having a rough few days, and actually half of this chapter was written on my phone while I was on the go (out of my house), so pardon me if there are any grammatical errors.

A great amount of love for all of my amazing readers and commenters. Xx

** 

*Harry's P.O.V.*

I watch silently as she wipes away her tears with the back of her hand. Oh, how much I wish I remembered her.

"H-how are ... you?" She asks slowly, she focuses her eyes on everything but me, while I cannot peel my eyes from her.

"I don't know." I say honestly. "I don't know how I am. I woke up this morning to ... to unfamiliar things." I try to choose my words wisely. The last thing that I want to do is hurt this girl even more.

She lowers her head, now looking at the floor.

Silence fills the room.

"I don't know what to think. I barely know anything about myself since the past ... well ... in the time that I can't remember. I woke up with, tattoos and with a mind that is stuck in the past." I say the word as anger slowly builds in me. The fact that I am oblivious to everything that has happened in the past few years irritates me. Why I am telling her all of this?  I don't know. Shouldn't I be telling her this? Given the "relationship" that we have.

"I-I understand why you feel lost. You are ... in every right to feel lost." She looks up at me for a mere second as she speaks in a monotone, and then quickly lowers her head once more.

She understands Is she just saying that to make me feel better? If she is, it's not working. It's making me feel worse to know that she is being forced to accept that I cannot remember anything about her. She is being forced to accept the source of the pain that she has felt for the past 20 hours.

Silence if abundant now. She isn't speaking. She is only listening. Should I take this as a cue to further vent. Should I be upset that she isn't talking?

"I-I'm sorry." I say truthfully. "I know sorry won't fix this, but I truly am sorry." The words fall from my mouth almost as a whisper.

She quickly raises her head and stares into my eyes. She shakes her head as the tears fall from her eyes. " Please, don't be sorry." She pauses and shakes her head again as she looks away. "I am aware that you cannot control what you remember. I know that it is not up to you to regain everything that we ... that you have lost, Harry." She returns her focus to me.

"I just wish... I just wish I would remember you." I say , since we are already being honest.

"So do I, Harry. So do I." She says and sniffles.

We both say nothing.

"Ask me, Harry." She breaks the silence.

I put on a confused face.

"I know you have many questions to ask me, you are just scared that I will take them the wrong way and storm out of here crying, like I did when I realized you didn't remember me this morning. "

"H-how did you know?" I ask in disbelief. Although it may be obvious that I have questions to ask her, how did she know that I was scared to hurt her by asking questions?

"I love you, Harry. That is how I know. I have grown to know and love every single bit of the person that you are. I know when you are angry, when you are confused, I know the slightest of details about you, Harry. I know that you love to take a shower with hot water, meanwhile, you have the water on ice cold when you wash dishes. I also know that you like to sleep on the side of the bed farthest away from the door. Why? Because ever since you were little, you were scared and thought that one day someone would come into your room to hurt you, therefore coming up with the idea that if someone did come into your room, it will take them longer to reach you. I know that you like to sleep with your feet outside of the blankets, because it's refreshing just in case you get too hot while you sleep. " She pauses and her response gives me a warm feeling inside.