Chapter 75

After the small talk that Harry and I had last night in his room, silence overtook the entire house. Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours as Harry sat quietly in his room, and I sat quietly in mine. Occasionally, tears were shed from my eyes, but other than that, I stared at the walls until I grew tired and fell asleep. The rising of the sun woke me up quite early today. At 5 a.m. actually, and I couldn't find it in me to fall back asleep, so instead I got out of bed and got ready for my departure later on. As I finish getting dressed, after having a shower, I decide to go downstairs and make some breakfast. Once I leave my bedroom, I decide to check on Harry, to make sure that he is ok. I slowly open the door to his bedroom and find him sitting on the floor near his bed, fast asleep. I take this time to inspect his bedroom, and I am in no shock when I see many other objects lying on the floor, broken. I don't want to wake him but I can't resist the urge to clean up this mess for him. A mess that I caused. I slowly crouch down and gradually pick up the pieces of glass near the door. Once I have a handful of glass, I walk over to the garbage bin that Harry has in his room. After placing the glass into the bin carefully enough so that Harry won't be awaken, I grab the bin and bring it with me to the next pile of broken items. Harry stays un-moving as I pick up wooden pieces of a frame that used to be on top of the dresser. As I get up and stand in front of the dresser, I notice his phone, the necklace with Harry's name engraved on a piece of rice, that I had got him from my trip to Brazil, and the promise ring that I gave him for Christmas. The two items are carefully sitting on top of the dresser, and it is clear that Harry had probably taken them off at some point last night. Without hesitation, I take off my necklace and my ring. I open my necklace and place the promise ring that I had given to Harry through the string. I quickly put my necklace, with its new addition, around my neck and cover it with my shirt. Then, I put the promise ring that Harry gave me on his necklace, and after, I place the necklace back on top of the dresser.

**

Hours have passed at lightning speed. It was just 6 a.m. and now it's 10 a.m. I should be leaving soon, as my flight is in two hours and I need to make sure that I have enough time to register at the airport.

Harry hasn't woken up yet, or maybe he has but just doesn't want to see me. Assuming that he is asleep, I decide against waking him up. Last night was painful enough for the two of us, why should I increase the pain by saying goodbye to him? No, not goodbye. Good bye sounds like forever, and I don't want to go through forever without Harry.

I call a cab, and after being informed that it will arrive in ten minutes, I finish cleaning up the kitchen. I place the breakfast that I made for Harry, which consists of pancakes, eggs, and bacon, on top of the kitchen counter, and place a lid over it. Then, I pull one of the drawers out and grab a note pad and a pen.

"Please eat. xx -J' I neatly write on the paper before ripping it out of the notebook and placing it next to the plate of food. I stare at the piece of paper for a while, before a drip of water lands on it. It is only then that I realize that the tears have not yet subsided, and that if this was the beginning of my departure, how would the rest of be like?

I wipe my tears away as I take the notepad and pen with me when I go upstairs to get my bags.

Before going to my room, I fight against myself in order to decide whether or not to get a last glimpse of Harry. When I slowly make my way into his room, he is no longer in the sitting position that he was in earlier. He is now laying on the bed, proving that the floor was probably too uncomfortable for him to continue sleeping on.

I stare at him for what seems like an eternity, and am at not shock when the stinging feeling of tears appear in my eyes yet again.