Chapter 64

Guys, I am seriously so sorry that I haven't updated in like .. I don't even know how many days. I know I should have no excuse, but I have just been so busy. Nevertheless, TCG was ALWAYS on my mind. I kept on beating myself up for not updating, but honestly ... the days just flew by. This upcoming week is going to be even worse, but I do plan to update still. More than what I have this past week that is. Anyway, loads of love for all of you!

** 

*Harry's P.O.V.*

"Alright guys, on the count of three. One." One of the people in our management started off. "Two. Three." He continued, and with that, Zayn, Louis, Liam, and Niall started singing. I sat quietly, with my eyes closed, taking in every beat, every tune, every note, every word.

After having them run through the song twice, I found myself singing along to it. The song was called "Little things," and it sounded far more familiar than I thought it would. It was the third song today, and hopefully, it would be the last. For my first day, I think that I have done well. I have the basics for "Live While We're Young," and "Kiss You," but thank goodness that each song is divided into five boys. If I would have to re-memorize every single word of each song, it would be terrible.   

I sit there with the lyrics to "Little Things" in front of me. I've read over my part at least 25 times and I think I got the lyrics down.

"Alright Harry, are you ready?" Mark, the man who is in charge of the rehearsals, says.

I nod as I get up and join the boys.

As the tune starts, the lyrics of "Little Things" scramble around my mind. I close my eyes and try to put the sentences back together. I sing through the chorus as if I knew the song like the palm of my hand, and in no time, it's my turn to sing my part.

"I know you've never heard your voice on tape" I begin and automatically knew that I had messed up. I close my eyes and breathe in and out slowly.

I try again as the sentences come together in my head.  "I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape" I pause. "You never want" I continue and then stop. The next words leave my head before I can take a mental picture of them.

"You never want. You never want." I repeat, mainly to myself.

The anger builds in me as I can't find the rest of the lyrics. The tune of the song sounded familiar but I just couldn't find the right words to sing.

"I know you've never heard your voice on tape. You never want..." I try again. Nothing.

Before I can stop myself, the microphone is slammed to the ground and everything in me goes black as I scream.

"Dammit!" I shout out as I drop to my knees with my eyes closed.

"Mate ... mate, it's ok." I hear Liam's voice.

"Yeah, mate. Come on, we'll guide you through it." I feel a pat on my shoulder as Zayn's voice fills my ears.

I shove the hand away  as tears touch the brim of my eyes at my frustration with myself.

"Mate .. please ... come on." Louis speaks up.

"Here's some water, lad." Niall says and I feel the cold surface of the cup against my fingers.

I finally find the courage to lift my head and look up at them.

"I-i'm s-sorry." I apologize for my inability to sing a damn song.

"Mate, we are your best friends, and we know what you are going through. We expected this to happen earlier, but it didn't. You did great. Heck, more than great for the condition that you are experiencing. Please just calm down." Louis says to me as he kneels in front of me.

I grab the cup of water from Niall's hand and begin drinking from it. As the cold fluid fills my throat, my frustration eases and my nerves become tamed.

"C-can we try again?" I manage to ask.

"Are you sure? Now thinking about it,  I think you've had enough for the day." Liam says to me and then looks back to Mark.

"Let's try again." I say more confidently.

"A-alright." Zayn says as I get up from the floor.

"Let me just see the lyrics again." Mark follows my request and passes the sheet to me.

I glance over it and nod, not to the boys, but to myself.

The tune starts out yet again.

I'm ready. I know that I am, and then it's my turn.

"I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape. You never want to know how much you weigh." I sing out and pause at the lost of words.

"You still have to squeeze" I hear one small whisper after the other. I look over to my four best friends and the smile at me.

 "You still have to squeeze into your jeans ..." I continue. "But you're perfect to me." I end and the chorus continues.

Once the song is done, I smile to the boys.

"Let's do it again." I say and they each look at me as if I have lost my mind, but they soon nod. "Don't help me this time." I say as I continue to smile.

"Help you?! " Liam puts a shocked face.

"What?!" Louis follows.

"What you talking about, mate?!" Zayn asks as if he's confused.

"Lad, I think you're hearing things." Niall smiles to me.

"Seriously." I say to them. "No helping!" I chuckle.

The tune starts out again.

"You can't tell the voices in your head to shut up, Harold." Louis smirks.

I arch a brow right before I ace this song.