Chapter 42

After struggling to get into the airport without being attacked by the paparazzi, Paul managed to slip Harry and I into the terminal that my family was supposed to arrive in. The first hour goes by quick, but as news come in that weather conditions are expected to be getting, bad between London and New York, hours begin feeling like centuries. When about 3 hours pass, and my family is still not here, Paul gets up to ask for information on the incoming flight. After much insisting, and persuasion, Paul got one of the airport workers to tell him what is going on with the flight that was suppose to arrive from New York hours ago.

Once the airport worker gave the information to Paul, Paul assured me that everything was fine with the flight, except that it was delayed by several hours before it took off. As I get the news, relief washes my body, since I was already picturing the worst. A crashed flight. A lost flight. You name it, I was thinking it.

After about another half an hour, the worker comes up to us and tells us that the flight will not be arriving in London until 1 a.m. Great. It is only 11 p.m., so my family will not be getting here for another 2 hours.

I sigh.

"I suggest you go home and get some rest, those who you are waiting for can spend the remainder of the night in the hotel across the street and you can pick them up in the morning." The airport worker says to us.

I guess he has a point. I look over at Harry, and then at Paul.

"Love, if you want, we can stay here and wait." Harry says to me as he places his arm around my shoulder and yawns.

"I don't think that would be safe for either of you, especially you Harry." Paul starts. "It has been hard enough to keep the fan and paparazzi from breaking into this waiting room.

"Yeah but the airport closed down the sections of the general waiting room for us, we shouldn't be harmed." Harry continues, almost insisting that we stay.

"He's right Harry." I say to him as I put one of my hands over his.

"I don't want you to be worried love." He looks into my eyes.

"It will be worse if I stay here. " I respond to him. Although I know that the flight is delayed, the idea that something bad could still happen returns to my mind. "There's not much to do here, other than sit and wait. That's nerve wrecking." I admit.

We sit there for a couple of minutes, trying to make a decision on whether or not to stay here. It is not only until I stare out of the window that I notice the snow that has begun falling.

"And with this snow, I am sure the flight will be even more delayed when trying to land." The airport worker steps into the conversation yet again.

I sigh deeply. "Come on, let's go." I get up and grab Harry's hand. "Thank you for your help." I look over to the airport worker and smile.

"No problem, and, I am sure that they will get here safe and sound." He offers me a kind smile.