shORt StOry?

(THIS CHAPTER IS IN A DIFFERENT FORMAT... And also I guess it's serious. Why not)

Jay was drowsy, tired, and overall sick of staying awake. His eyes had bags under them. His feet were sore. Jay was tired of running away from that tall, pale, suit-clad being which stalked his every move.
His feet dragged against the carpet, his arms waved loosely at his sides.

"Alex..." Jay said in a quiet tone. He peered into one of the rooms, one of Alex's rooms. Jay was in Alex's house. He was breaking an entering... Intruding... But of course, he thought that going to his friend for help at 4:00 AM would be a good idea.

"Alex!" He shouted this time, cupping his hands around his mouth, thinking that it would make his voice louder.

"A-Alex!..." He started to squint a bit. His eyelids slowly collapsing from his lack of sleep.

He walked into one of the rooms which was on the end of the hallway. It had a bed far from the window with covers bunched up on one side. It was assumed that this bed was used a while ago... But maybe not, "that" long ago...
Jay passed out on the bed, his right arm hanging off of it. When he landed on the bed it made a silent, "creak" which echoed a few times.

Time seemed to fly by. When Jay woke up, he checked the alarm clock laying on his side of the bed. 9:32. At least he got some sleep. Any sleep was a good amount.
He rubbed his eyes and rolled down his jacket sleeves, only then realizing what the hell he did last night. He broke into his friends house.

Suddenly... The alarm clock went off. It beeped a few times, Jay was anxious about turning it off.

"Oh, I see you're up!" Alex said as he walked into the room, the same dastardly smile on his face which he had every time he was faking his happiness. Of course he'd be pissed.

"You must really enjoy breaking into people's houses, Jay. Honestly... Since you're so good at it... You should make that your career!"
"A-Alex..."
"Do you really think I'd greet an intruder with open arms?"
"No. I'm sorry... I thought it was a good idea."
"When have any of your ideas been good?"
"Then again Alex, I'm sorry. Really. Sorry."
"I haven't heard from you in months!"
"Same with you..."
"Oh alright, that is true. But at least I don't break into people's houses like you did last night! And you saw all of those blankets next to you... right?"
"Yeah... I noticed them."
"—And you didn't even bother to check if someone was there?"
"I'll get out..."
"Good idea."

Jay stood up, his hands slightly shaking. He forced his back to be straight. He tried to make it seem as if he wasn't a nervous wreck, but Alex could tell how nervous Jay was from twenty miles away.
Alex scanned over Jay. Alex mainly tried to look into Jay's pockets, he then saw a slight glimmer of something in his pocket. Alex knew exactly what Jay had took.

Jay walked by, silently talking to himself. Alex pushed Jay to the ground, getting rid of the last bit of confidence that Jay had. Alex stood over Jay.

"I KNOW WHAT YOU TOOK FROM ME!" Alex shouts, pinning Jay down.
"I-I DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING FROM YOU!" Jay yells in defense, still trying to hide his nervousness but failing horribly.

It wasn't the first time Jay has broken into Alex's house, nor was it the first time Alex had injured someone close to him on purpose. They both suffered from an enormous amount of memory loss, which of course, is impossible to get those memories back.

Alex reached in Jay's pocket, realizing that what he saw was nothing of importance. Alex didn't find anything in his pocket, it was empty.
He got off of him and started to talk to himself. Alex tried to convince himself that what he saw was actually in Jay's pocket. But no, it was just a harmless illusion that started a fiasco.

"Did you get what you wanted, Alex?" Jay sneered in a slight mocking tone, giggling.
"Get out of my house," Alex said, pointing to the door. "And never come back"

Little did Jay know, Alex remembered what he said and he stuck to it. Alex knew that it Jay ever set foot into his house or if Jay went to Alex uninvited, that he would suffer the consequences.

If only Jay remembered.