Chapter Two: The Bubblegum-ish Thing

Start from the beginning

            “Oh, baby!” Suzanne said and tiptoed to kiss Denim’s lips.

            Denim kissed her back and after a few minutes, their kiss was turning into a serious one. Miranda cleared her throat loudly and they unglued their lips. Suzanne’s face was pink while Denim smiled apologetically at us. “Sorry about that. Got carried away.”

            Miranda raised her eyebrow. “Aren’t you going to football practice?”

            “I am.”

            “Why don’t you go now?”

            “Well, Suzanne told me that she’ll accompany me during football practice,” Denim explained. “She said that she never saw me play football before so… she’s going to accompany me.”

            Suzanne giggled and held Denim’s hands. “So… we better get going, guys! I’ll see you tomorrow morning!”

            “Wait,” Miranda said, shouldering her bag and grabbed my arm. “We are going to.”

            “What? We are?” I frowned.

            “Yeah,” Miranda said, smiling. I know that smile. It’s like she’s planning on something. “Can we join you, guys?”

            Denim grinned. “Sure! Suzanne will be alone at the bleachers if you’re not coming. Besides, I know Coach Vince will be happy to see you there.” He smiled at me.

            I rolled my eyes. “I doubt that.”

            “So let’s get going,” Suzanne said and led the way with Denim, holding her hands.

            Miranda and I were at the back, walking as slowly as we can. “What are you planning?” I asked.

            “Sometimes, I have a feeling Suzanne is too ignorant,” Miranda said, shaking her head. “When we talk about love, she fell for every handsome guy she can see. She’s beautiful, no wonder those guys she fell for fell for her, too. But sometimes, guys want to play with Suzanne.”

            “What?! Are you kidding me?! How did you know that?”

            “Remember what I said earlier about Denim pestering me during Algebra class? Well, he told me about it. He says that he’s not really serious with their relationship. He says he’s playing with her. I don’t know if he’s joking or not—he was smiling the whole time! I want to kick his ass that time.”

            “So why didn’t you?”

            “Because I don’t want to make a bad impression on Ms. Gregg. She knows were close and she knows that you’re the younger sister of Vince. Maybe she’ll think badly about me if I kick Denim’s ass. And if she thinks badly about me, your reputation on her point of view would be ruined, too. And she’ll think badly about Vince, too, because you’re his sister. You get it?”

            “No.”

            Miranda grinned. “Yeah, me too. Let’s just stop talking about Denim and check out hot guys in the football field.”           

            I rolled my eyes. “You seriously need a boyfriend.”

            “I don’t want to. And besides, I’m not like Bella Swan who can’t live without a boyfriend.”

            I smirked. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

            By that time, we already arrived at the football field. Suzanne gave a goodbye kiss on Denim’s lips. When she turned to be with us, Denim gave Miranda a wink. She just rolled her eyes.