#35 The unexpected wedding # (Past)

Sorry friends for keeping you waiting for long. Here is the next chapter with twist and turns.

Recap

Rahul's POV
Nethra was on the ground holding her cheek red with the imprint of her father's fingers on it. My heart shattered into a million pieces.
Before we collected ourselves and ran to her aid, her father pulled her by the arm and led her out of our home thrashing her all the way.
The last thing I saw of her was the pleading in her eyes.

Flashback continues....

The unexpected happenings broke the heart of everyone. I was battling a mixture of emotions at that moment. First of all I felt extremely sad because I knew this situation arose because of me. My heart reached out for everyone. I was also very happy because all my family members seemed to have accepted my love for Nethra. I was exhilarated at that instant knowing Nethra could be mine with the blessings of everyone. But the thought of Nethra brought me back to the present, back to what just happened. The image of a tear strung face of Nethra came to my eyes and refused to go away. With that image came anger towards Manoj Uncle I knew not. How could he raise his hand on my Nethra? I could not control my anger and got an urge to punch something hard. Suddenly I felt Rithick's hands on my shoulder squeezing me. Just then I realized that my whole body was shaking in anger and everyone was staring at me with a little bewilderment and fear in their eyes. They may not have seen me this angry in all these years of my life.

The sadness that I felt earlier returned that moment. Nearly 30 years of friendship between my dad, Sanjay uncle and Manoj seemed to have broken in a matter of seconds. Guilt took over immediately knowing that I was the reason for that. I could not control my emotions which seemed to be waging a war with each other. The result was torrential tears streaming down my cheeks. This time it was Riya who stepped forward to wipe my tears. I could not control anymore, I had to let it all out and gave in to my emotions. I was shaking with sobs and was immediately hugged by Rithick. My knees felt week and I crumpled down. All my family members rushed to my side and were consoling me but I could not acknowledge their emotions. Until today I cannot remember how I spent that night.

I woke up the next morning with a pounding in my head. I could not open my eyes fully. It had become puffy and swollen because of my crying. I rubbed my eyes and tried to focus on my surrounding. I was lying on the couch. Someone had kept a pillow and covered me with a blanket. The last thing I could remember was crying into Rithick's shoulder. Now I could see my entire family in the living room discussing in hushed voices. I could immediately understand that it was about Nethra and me. I was staring stupidly at everyone not understanding why everyone was having a smile on their faces. I remembered that they had already waved the green flag for my love. Suddenly I felt warmth spread through me. I understood that I had my entire family to back me up for my love. The impossible felt possible although there was the big task of convincing Nethra's dad.

Suddenly as if reading my mind, Sanjay Uncle said,

"I will do all I can to convince Manoj. Nethra is best gift we can give to our Rahul."

"Of course Dad, I always want to see only smiles in Rahul's face," admitted Rithick earnestly.

The conversation between them gave me the full energy I needed and was now in the battle mode to win back the girl I loved. I was and still am thankful and grateful to my family members for accepting my love without any hesitation.