# Past: 31 MY LOVE #

Flashback,
Rahul's POV

I didn't open the paper at that time because my friends were near me. I was not so much interested to read what Swetha had written but somehow knew that it was something personal. Just at that time, Rithick came to the class and I quickly hid the paper in one of the books on my table.

After that I completely forgot about that letter

After that I completely forgot about that letter. It was the last working day before the Pooja holidays.

We went back to school after a week. Just as I was entering my class I saw her and remembered about her letter. Suddenly I felt uncomfortable. She came near me. She seemed to be tensed and was not her usual self. I simply didn't know how to react at that time! Something new was stirring inside me. It was as if I was looking at her the first time. Her eyes seemed to be searching me. She had big beautiful eyes which never ceased to fascinate me. I was feeling knots in my stomach. It was as if someone had released a hundred butterflies into my stomach. I couldn't quite place the feeling. The only thing I realized was that she was the only one I wanted to look at.

A few minutes after the tense pause, I decided to tell her that I didn't read her letter. She seemed immediately crestfallen. I couldn't bear the pain in her eyes. Soon enough I hear myself apologizing to her and explaining to her that I had misplaced her letter. She had expected a reply from me. Just before I replied back to her, Rithick suddenly pulled my hand and dragged me from that place. I was so annoyed by his behavior that I shouted at him. Even then he did not leave my hand. Just like that he released me surprising me at that time.

A few feet away, I could see my parents and my sister Riya. My happiness knew no bounds at that time. I ran towards them and hugged them. My cute and loving sister Riya hugged me and Rithick. She had her own way of showing her love for us. Riya loved Rithick and Rithick her from their childhood. She was a sister to Rithick. Rithick often told me that Riya was a sister he never had and that he wouldn't share her with me. I often felt that he took care of her better than I did and I was ever so grateful for that.

We bunked the classes that day and went back home happily. Just as we reached home there was another surprise waiting for me! My dad had some cases to deal with in Delhi. Since the cases he was dealing with were both high profile and sensitive, he felt that the safety of my mother and sister were at stake. Even though being a detective was the most important thing in his life, it only came next to us, his family. I often wonder how he was the best in both the phases of his life. He decided that my mother and sister should not be alone. So, my mom and Riya stayed together with us in Sanjay uncle's house. It was the happiest moment of my life. I suddenly remembered Swetha and that brought a smile to my face. I quickly hid my feelings and joined the others in the 'coming together' celebrations.

Now, Nethra came to Rithick's home often because of Riya. After few weeks later, Riya joined the same school where Nethra studied. Riya and Nethra became very close friends. Any time of that day other than school, Nethra will be in Rithick's home together with Riya. Rithick and I didn't like Nethra much at that time because she was an adamant girl with a lot of attitude issues. This was accentuated by the fact that she was the only child to her parents.