34 Nethra - My Love (Past)

Dear friends, Sorry to keep you waiting for so long. For the benefit of those who have forgotten what happened a small recap for you.

Recap:

Rahul has finally accepted Nethra's love and has realized that he too had been in love with her for a long time now. Rithick has promised Rahul that he has his full support and that they will disclose of their love to their parents when the time is ripe. Sanjay and Manoj have reached the pinnacle of their business, but Sanjay seems to have made more impact on the people and business alike.

Flashback continues...

Rahul's POV

As days passed by my love for Nethra only grew deeper. It was the most beautiful days of my life. We were the happiest couple in the universe. Nethra was now almost fully out of her misery since her mother's death. I could see the cheerful and bubbly Nethra back after a long time. But I also started to notice that she was somewhat different. One thing was that she seemed to be more beautiful these days. But that was not it. It took me a while to figure out what that was. It was the fact that she was more mature in her activities and attitude. She seemed more like a woman than a girl. I was in awe at how she could have blossomed into this beautiful and sensuous woman. Once again I fell in love with her. It was like this, every single gesture she showed, every word she spoke, every glance she stole made me fall in love with her again and again. Maybe this was real love and I am happy that I got to discover this with her. I wanted nothing in this whole wide world than for her to be ever so happy and also took care to see that she never ever was lonely again!

Rithick's support for our love was more than I had expected. It was like this in every stage of my life. He was with me through thick and thin, rain or shine. People use to say that we were inseparable and that he was more than a brother to me, but as much as I would like to say that he was like a brother I never had, I felt that he was a part of me like we shared souls. I'm sure there may not be many brothers who did share a soul. It almost seems that we compete with each other for showing our love. I trusted him completely without any doubt. That was maybe the reason I went along with his decision to wait until the time was right to tell our parents about Nethra and my love story.

Meanwhile, Nethra's dad, Manoj felt that the time was ripe for his daughter to get married. So, he decided to talk to Sanjay uncle about it. He had been nursing the desire of getting his daughter married to Rithick for a very long time. He tried to have a conversation about the marriage proposal with Sanjay uncle. But Sanjay uncle brushed it away saying that the kids were too young and that there was a lot of time to think about marriage. We were not aware about this incident.

One day Manoj came to Sanjay uncle's home. His unexpected arrival was quite a surprise for us. Rithick and I were just getting ready to leave for a bike race. We just said hi to him and dashed out.

Manoj casually started to talk with our family members throwing the idea of a wedding proposal between Nethra and Rithick. But none of them took it seriously. His attempts at getting everyone's attention towards this marriage proposal were failed. Finally he came out with an idea.

Manoj uncle announced that we had to have a get-together since everyone was so busy with their lives and that it had been ages since everyone were together. Since they had steadily tasted success at new ventures, this get together was also to commemorate their business successes. Sanjay uncle agreed and a date was decided upon for the get-together.