19

I managed to find myself in a cute modern little coffee shop. I had to shut my phone off because I was getting a million calls and texts from Grey.

I'm gonna ignore him for as long as possible. I know its selfish to ignore him because he did help me and only wants to protect me. But I can take care of my self and when Dr. Sid Said I most likely needed surgery. I don't want to die on the table like my mother did.

That's definitely not how I want to go out so I'm gonna do the most stupidest thing and wait out surgery as long as possible.

I go up to the counter and order a hot chocolate and sit by the window. I take a sip and feel the hot liquid burn my throat as I watch as the sky start to pour down rain.

Great now am I supposed to get home. I turn on my phone and see all the missed calls and text messages. I ignore them and go into my contacts, scrolling down as my thumb lands on 'Dad'.

I honestly don't know if even has his phone anymore but it couldn't hurt to try and pray that he's sober if even has a phone to answer. And before you guys start to say 'why not call chase?!' Well I kinda don't want him asking questions why I was in the city. Ecspecially the high class part.

I click on my dads name and press call. I hold the phone up to my ear and bite my thumb.

After two rings it picks up and I smile but then quickly frown.

"Hello?" A woman voice answers.

"Uh hi um is Landon there." I ask and there's a long pause in the other end.

"Who's this!?" The woman's voice screeches threw the phone making me pull it away from my ear.

Ok then if this girl wants to be a bitch and act like my dads cheating on her. Which he probably is because this girl is definitely a one night stand.

"Tell him his daughter called." I say in my most pristine voice. I hang up but not without hearing a gasp at the other end.

I set my phone back on the table carelessly and look back out the window. It seems that the storm is slowing down and the rain is light. I get up from my seat disposing of my cup as I walk out the door.

••••••••••

I was terribly wrong because the rain just poured down harder and I'm completely soaked. I'm walking the railroad back him because I don't know any other routes to get home.

HONK! HONK!

I freeze and slowly turn my trembling body. When I'm fully turned I'm blinded by bright lights. I use my arm to shield my eye and that's when I see a large muscular figure stomping towards me.

I take little steps backwards until the man speaks. "Taylor Mane what are you doing in this storm!?" The man yells and I know exactly who it is.

I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding and walk towards the only person while calls me by my first and middle name.

"Hey Lincoln."

He sighs and grabs my arm and throws me into his car. He gets in the driver side and turns over to me. I start to giggle as i watch his face scowling at me as rain drops down his head.

"I'm gonna ask again. What the hell are you doing in this storm!?" I stop giggly and sigh.

••••••••••••

Lincoln above⬆️⬆️⬆️

Lincoln above⬆️⬆️⬆️

••••••••••••••••••••

I told Lincoln about everything that has lead me to walking home in the rain. I also included about me having MWS.

"I don't understand. What's MWS?" He asks as he walks into his living room handing me a cup of hot tea.

I put down the towel I used to wring out my hair and throw my hair into a messy bun. "Mallory-Weiss syndrome also (MWS) its a condition marked by a tear in the mucous membrane, or inner lining, where the esophagus meets the stomach. The tears can cause significant bleeding. Depending on the severity of the tear, surgery may be necessary to repair the damage. It can be caused by trauma to the chest or abdomen. And the doctor said since I've been puking up blood I'll most likely need surgery." I explain and then take a sip of my hot tea.

"So when are you going to get the surgery?" He asks and I look up at him giving him the I'm-not-getting-the-surgery look. I curl up on the couch and play with my fingers.

"Taylor I know your scared but it's just gonna get worse and you could die." He says and I nod my head.

I get up from the couch and set my
cup on the cracked glass coffee table.  "I'm gonna go to bed. You sure I can stay." I ask and see the disappointment in his eyes from me telling him that I'm not getting the surgery.

He quickly masks it and nods his head. "Nonsense you know you kids are welcome to stay as long as you need." He says. I smile and head up to the guest room.

This isn't the first time I stayed at Lincolns. Me, Alexander and Colton have our own rooms in his house. Lincoln has a decent house that's actually quite big to be in this part of town. Now other kids who need a place to stay and go to Lincoln he always has the door open.

Literally he never locks his door. No one would ever think to even mess with him let alone try to come into his house.

I walk down the hall and look through Alexanders room to see him and Colton passed out on the king sized bed. I quietly open the door and step in trying to make no noise.

I close the door and walk over till I'm in front of the bed. Perfect. Both boys are hanging on each side of the bed so that leaves me enough room to crawl in. Me and the boys slept in the same bed before ecspecially when we were younger. But I don't sleep with them and be how I am when I'm with Grey.

I softly craw in and lay myself in between the two warm bodies. I pull the comforter off of them and snuggle myself into my own little cocoon.

After tossing and turning for a bit I finally find sleep.

•••••••••••

Alex above⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Alex above⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

•••••••••••••••••••