7

"YOU UNGRATEFUL BITCH!" My dad comes storming at me as I slam the door in

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME ASSHOLE!" I push him off of me and run to my room. I'm yanked back by my hair and he drags me back to the living room.

He pulls me up and puts an iron
grip on my upper arm. Come on and that bruise was just fading away. "WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HUH!" He spats in my face shaking me.

"FUCK OFF LANDON!" I use his name and the next thing I know is that I'm on the ground. He slapped me. Of course he does because I used his fucking name. I lay there and bring my hand to my left cheek.

I start to taste the metallic in my mouth so I know I have a busted lip. I hear him stomp to his bedroom and slam his door shut. I gather myself up and head to the bathroom.

I lean over the sink and look at myself in the mirror. My left cheek is starting to swell and I have a busted lip. I laugh out loud I really am worthless. I don't matter to anyone and I could disappear tomorrow and no one will notice. They will think 'huh Landon actually killed her.'

I'm pathetic! Not even Grey will care. I'm just the girl who follows him around like a lost puppy. The girl who cleans up after him and the girl who is helplessly in love with him. I'm waiting for the day for him to just replace me. Maybe then it would be easier to get out of this town if he just replaces me.

No! I don't want him to replace me! He's mine as I'm his! No one could do what I do for him. No one can take care of him like I can. He needs me, he said that he did multiple times.

A single tear falls down my cheek. What's wrong with me! I scream and pound on the counter. I know I'm crying now- no sobbing. I fall to the floor and curl up to fetal position.

••••••••••••••

I'm tired....

So damn tired but yet I lay restless on the bathroom floor. I don't know how long I've been laying here but I get up and splash cold water on my face. I whip off my makeup and dry my face. I walk out of the bathroom and walk down the hall. I peek in my dads room to see his room trashed but he's passed out on the bed with a
beer in hand.

I sigh and walk in to his room taking the beer bottle and throw a blanket over him. I walk back out quietly shutting his door. I walk into the kitchen and throw the bottle away. I make my way to the door and walk outside.

I walk down the street barefoot and I still have my dress on. I let the cool Florida breeze hit my face as I walk down the quiet streets of Westville.

If you didn't know I have insomnia. I need to have someone sleep with me and talk to me for me to find sleep. When I was younger before my mom died, she used to lay in bed with me and talk to me until I fall asleep.