Chapter Sixty: Squad

A/N: Sorry for not posting all this time, here is an update I've pulled together. I have senior year in high school, exams in a couple of weeks and my life is in shambles. My health has also gone to shit. I am still going to finish this, I'm going to put up a brand new book I'm writing on the 18th of August (because it's G-Dragon's birthday and it's special) so please support it ♥️ Thank you, and I love you.

****

Amara

After wiggling my feet into the glossy peach pumps I wrapped my hair around and tied it up, the warm air blew in from the balcony allowing me certainty in that fact that I wouldn't need a coat. Claire came and sat on my bed, I smiled at her "Don't worry I'm already done." She muttered a thanks to god and handed my the purse she'd picked out. I grabbed a pair of sunglasses from the dresser before following her out, the girls were filing out through the door as we descended the steps. 

We all took small steps to get to the car quickly, in under five minutes were all seated and taking off. As of recently we've been going out a lot more, we live together and its not fun if that's all we do - live. Last time it was the movies, this time it's a quick luncheon at the new high-end cafe that opened on the waterfront. Quick because I needed to get back to my child.

"I kind of wish it was colder," Abrielle spoke up, "We would've looked so good in coats."

"Same brand but different colours." an amused Claire chimed in. Amber and Joane were busy focused on their phones, their careers along with Abrielle, Sophie and Claire, as Victoria Secret Models were still active. Much to Dominic's dismay.

"We're here!" Clarissa announced. I hadn't realised after knowing her that she was so loveable, she loved travel and she almost always paid more attention to the travelling and arriving than the nonsense banter taking place around her. She'd look out the window like a child in the display of a toy store. I've never been so grateful for my decision to have her move in with us, it took a while for her boyfriend to warm up to Dominic but he was and it was concrete. He realised just how infatuated Dominic was with me, he doesn't even care when they talk or hang out without him around. 

The car stopped fully and Joane closed off her phone opening the door, she slid out first then the rest followed. There was a few paparazzi and soon enough there would be many, the little restaurant had my heart jumping with excitement - the prospect of food was always appealing.

We got comfortable at a table on the balcony just peeking out of the restaurant, it had an open landscape that allowed for it and the paparazzi would have a hard time spotting up from where we were. We shared casual conversation about what to order until the waitress came around and we all ordered what someone else at the table would usually have, it was something we did when we visited new places - just to see what the food was like, and try new things. We were served drinks shortly after and sat waiting for our food.

"Hey." I heard it before anyone else but soon our attention was focused on the same person, "How have you guys been?" I frowned a little, unsure of who she was but she was pretty.

"Good." Claire smiled bitterly. 

Abrielle shuffled, "Yeah, it's funny seeing you here Grace." Joane made an unladylike sound.

"Yeah I just came to check the new place out." She smiled sweetly though they weren't being so kind.

"It's nice isn't it?" Clarissa piped, I smiled at her humming in a agreement. Grace's face seemed to dull at the prospect of my input, just a second ago she smiled at Clarissa. I raised my brows an inch before looking elsewhere, clearly I wasn't her favourite person.