Chapter Ten: Undercover

Dominic

Amara had convinced me to wait down the hall since I 'had nothing better to do than be spying on her anyways.' She was exceedingly difficult, I don't know how I hadn't seen it before. Maybe its because I continue to provoke her, but it is so much fun.

I was surprised her theory of Vince had been accurate, I watched as he approached her door with one hand in his pocket and then shoved the other one in his pocket waiting for her to answer. It was him alright, I'd seen him before and the man aggravated me, he had this perfect good boy image going regardless of his business activities. 

At least I was honest. 

Amara opened her door and grinned broadly, "Goodness you don't disappoint."

"I guessed you'd be expecting me at this point." he smiled almost making me gag, he seemed so real. I found it extremely hard to be that fake, you could always tell when I wasn't genuine so I don't even bother anymore. Therefore going undercover was something I had people do for me.

"Come in. Are you sure you don't want to eat? I made lasagna." she sang tempting him by wafting the smell into his face causing him to chuckle.

"I hate italian food." he replied though his smile faltered.

"Thats too bad." she tsked. The door closed behind him so I moved to a spot against the wall, listening in.

"Well," I heard his feet shuffle, "How was your day?"

"Boring as ever. This Marcello guy won't cut the crap, I managed to get something done during my lunch break though. I got some samples for the curtains and filed them and tomorrow I'll be doing something else; sofas and armchairs. Still he doesn't give me anything to do but I keep doing the job, quality service for our customers." she sang the last part. I had no idea Marcello was doing this and I'd be sure to put a stop to it.

"Why don't you just tell his boss?" Vince suggested. Why would he even say that? He knows me. He doesn't like me.

"I don't want him to fire him or something. Marcello would be pissed and he's good friends with this girl that works there too - Clarissa - and I don't want to get on her bad side."

Playing the weakling card. I underestimated her acting skills and her ability to draw information out of people. Is that a skill they teach you in German school? 'Cause they didn't have that course at my school. I cringed.

School wouldn't be the right word.

"I guess you don't," he chuckled. "She can be scary at times and I would know, she's ruthless."

"How do you know her?" he got himself into this one.

"I'm her brother," he paused, "Oh I guess I didn't mention it."

"Woah," I heard a step back, "I can't be conversing with the enemy! You'll steal my design ideas! And next thing you know she'll be pitching my ideas to the board!" I smiled at the accent that showed when she shouted.

"I wouldn't do that," he chuckled, "I should get going. Enjoy your lasagna."

"Hey! Don't look at my lasagna like that! What's it done to you?" she joked.

He chuckled again, his footsteps got close to the door so I moved back further down the hall. The door opened revealing Vince with a stupid smile on his face, "Hey wait!" Amara ran up and leaned against the door frame. "I just got my Netflix subscription, do you have any suggestions?"

"Prison break." I cringed at his preference in shows. Has he no taste?

"Thanks. Have a good night." she sang watching his retreating figure down the hall.