Chapter Forty-Three: Back To The Future

Dominic

"C'mon Dominic do me this favour," she whined, "I'm honestly just trying to help."

"We don't need your help." I replied twisting open the milk carton, "You're not our manager Claire." I brought the carton to my lips. Amara slapped it, grabbing it and pouring the liquid into a glass. She placed the glass in my palm before returning the carton to the fridge, I watched her little booty walking away before drinking my milk and enduring more of my sister's weird demands.

"..It's just a quick visit, maybe a couple conversations and distribution of flowers." she read it off like a list, "And you don't even need to get those because I already had them packed away in the car for you."

I swallowed my milk, "You what?"

"No big deal, they're in the Porsche."

"F-ck you Claire." I downed the rest of the milk, "What time do we need to be there?"

"It's a surprise visit." I could hear the smile on her face, "Feel free to go when you feel appropriate."

I rolled my eyes, she always does this. "When is appropriate Claire?" She always acts like its your choice but if you don't pick the thing she wants you to then you're wrong and it becomes a problem.

"Around afternoon tea time is when I would go." she replied.

I snorted, "Whatever, eat your food and don't call again. Addio." I said before hanging up.

Amara sat on the counter watching and kicking her legs, "You're so mean sometimes Dominic." she commented jumping down and grabbing the phone - placing it aside. She went on her tippy-toes and wrapped her arms around my neck. "What are we doing today hmm?"

"Visiting old people."

"And you're bitter about that?"

"It's not her job to organise outings for us." I shook my head, "There's is probably going to be paparazzi everywhere. She'll tip them off. Things like that need to be done in private, not for the public eye. It's like she trying to turn us into an italian version of the British royal family."

"It's kind of funny when you think about it. But you're right, things should be done out of the good will of someone. Just do it, be content with the fact that you're doing it because you're a good person. Claire's intentions are not your own."

I smiled down at this woman, she brushed my hair back. "All better?" she raised her brows. I nodded bringing her tighter to my chest. I was incredibly... lucky.

No.

'Blessed' was the word I was looking for.

--
Amara

We jogged downstairs after getting ready, we both wore jumpers both of them being Dominic's but he didn't mind. I think he kinda liked me wearing his clothes. We didn't want to make this event too 'over the top', it was Claire's planning after all and the media wasn't stupid enough not to see the publicity stunt that it was.

So comfy in oversized – on my part – jumpers and track pants, we made our way downstairs and to the car conveniently parked out front. Claire sure had a knack for getting into other people's business, I can understand Dominic's frustration.

Dominic flung open the trunk of the sports car and sighed, it was definitely overflowing but at least it was pretty. On the side of each bouquet looked to be an envelope, I picked one up and held it up to the sun. There was definitely money in it and turning it around I saw each envelope was named, not only had she researched us but she researched the elderly as well. This was maybe taking it too far.