Chapter Forty-Four: Nakey In The Lakey

Dominic

We were walking back from the restaurant that sat along the water, both of us had been eager to eat there and it was a perfect location to have lunch. So we'd decided to walk there and were now walking back.

"Wow look at this!" Amara pointed at a poster on the wall with the most animated look on her face, I smiled coming to look at the paper. It was an advertisement for an outdoor festival coming up, they were giving out sparklers and supplying alcohol.

"Looks like fun." I shrugged. Though I knew I wouldn't be drinking, drunk people were entertaining to watch and interact with.

"Can we go?" she bounced then clasped her hands together, "Per favore?"

I chuckled. "Of course." She was just too cute, I couldn't refuse.

--

"Do you want juice?" I heard her shout from the kitchen, shouting back a quick 'yes' I folded the tapestry in my arms and grabbed some cushions from the linen cupboard.

I tossed my findings on the sofa, "You good to go?"

Amara was packing a bag full of drinks and snacks. She turned to face me, zipping up the bag, "Yep, let's go."

I grabbed the heavy bag she'd packed and she cupped the blankets in her arms, I was one leg out the door before she pulled on my arm – causing me to stop and turn around. "Problem?" I inquired trying not to let the heavy door shake my balance.

She shuffled a little, "Shouldn't we invite the others?"

I scoffed, "No way. That would be a problem."

Amara

We were driving now to the venue, I was sure the event would be lively – festivals were where people went to unwind and live life. I enjoyed being around people who emit good vibes and positive energy, I didn't grow up with much of it and I could get high off of the stuff.

The city seemed brighter today than normal, we were huddled up on Dominic's motorbike and he'd lent me his helmet. I had no idea where mine went off to. The streets seemed empty, shops were being closed and people closing their curtains. I had a feeling people were either planning ignore or attend the event. 

The buildings were beautiful, I loved watching them as we drove past – Italy was a gorgeous place and I'd love to live here forever, the environment was emitting positive energy. Though it was well known that this was the birthplace of the mafia – I hardly cared about that.

We pulled up alongside the open space the event was set up, the line was so long it wasn't funny and I wasn't looking forward to spending half the afternoon waiting here. We pulled to a stop, Dominic retrieved the bag and blankets from the compartment of the bike and I wiggled my bum to slide off as he attempted pulling a blanket from under me.

I slid off and landed, trying not to let my dress brush the dirt. I was becoming quite fond of maxi dresses lately but unfortunately you can't hide jack sh-t in a sheer maxi gown. No weapons for me.

"You're not – " I gestured with one fingered at Dominic's torso.

He frowned, "What?"

"Carrying any..." I gestured around my torso, he cocked his head to the right. I sighed, "Weapons."

"No." he answered swinging the bag over his shoulder, "We'll just steal someone else's if we have to."

I chuckled at his idea of stealing someone else's, picturing a confused attacker suddenly missing his gun whilst Dominic holds it up behind him. "Something funny?" he asked me as he started to walk ahead.