Chapter Thirteen: Take Care of Me

Amara

I could tell that I'd slept on the side of my face all night because it felt like someone had slapped me ten times and it'd sunk right to the core of my skull. Damn it hurt. I sat up admiring my surroundings, Dominic had taste I'd give him that. Every room I'd seen so far was so well decorated - well except for the living room, its image had been tainted that day there was a dead woman hanging from the ceiling.

I tiptoed over to the large window and spread the curtain wide open, I wasn't surprised the guy had a better view than me and I wasn't surprised that my stomach was growling either - we hadn't had dinner last night. The confusion - and well trauma on my part - of the whole thing had kept us from consuming anything, for me it was to avoid throwing it back up and wasting it, and for Dominic probably because he was too busy trying to piece everything together he just simply forgot. Again I find myself wondering what it would be like to just, forget.

I smiled to myself as I spotted the large t-shirt and boxers folded neatly on the dresser, that hadn't been there last night. I blushed at the thought of having Dominic in the room while I was asleep, I'm probably a snorer I've just never had anyone to tell me otherwise and its better to think of the worst so you can prevent it somehow even if its not happening. Snoring is next on my list.

I took a quick warm shower, shrugged on the boxers - which thankfully hung on my waist with no signs of dropping - and the shirt which was clearly not my size and stopped around mid-thigh. I decided to use the hair-tie I had in my hair to roll the boxers and tie them at the waist, I couldn't guarantee they'd stay up and it was better safe than sorry. I brushed my teeth with an unopened toothbrush, rinsed my face and moisturised and I was grateful to find unisex deodorant in the bathroom storage as well.

My feet padded against the white tiled floor as I made my way around the corner to find Dominic sitting halfway down the stairs, the man had a two-story penthouse for god's sake what had he to be upset about? Surely not the fight...

"Hey," I said slowly coming the a stop in front of him and squatting, "How was your sleep?"

"Meraviglioso." he said. He sounded tired and sarcastic.

"Hm?"

"Wonderful," he brought his hands up to his face, "Just perfect." he mumbled.

"What happened," I took one of his hands and looked at it, he had dried blood on his knuckles from yesterday but it was because they covered wounds. He'd gotten cuts and he didn't tell me. "To your hands..." I finished looking up at him after examining it closer.

"Is it not obvious?"

I shook my head and sighed frustratedly as I stood, I went back upstairs - I'd seen a first aid box in there somewhere...

Dominic

I watched as disappointment flashed in her eyes, it was like a punch in the gut. Why was she acting like this is something I should've told her, we didn't sit and talk about our injuries so it hadn't come up - completely not my fault. I returned my hand to my face, I hadn't had any sleep last night. Amara had scared the living daylights out of me, after she'd spent so much time in the shower I started getting worried. I was of course relieved to see she was okay when the door swung open and I was only slightly distracted by her lack of clothing but the look in her eyes had haunted me. It was like a light had switched off, it was my fault she was even involved in this - sure she was acting okay now but it would only take time for her to crumble.

I'd learnt a lot from Emilie's story back at the German institution, Amara was an emotional fighter and she never wanted anyone's help in her 'recovery' after a fight. She just kind of did it by herself and I wondered what it would take for her to let me in. Its hard to admit but I was crushing on her - heavy - and I actually wanted her to like me. This wasn't just some stupid arrangement, even if Schwarzer Regen had turned out to be someone different I knew I'd still think about Amara back at the office looking cute as ever, it was just my luck and incredible luck at that that she had turned out to be it. Two in one I'd say.