Chapter Twenty-Seven: Thank You

Dominic

"Mama," I frowned out the window, "Where is Claire taking Amara?"

"They're going shopping of course. What else do girls do nowadays." she replied, busy with her most recently purchased cookbook.

I shrugged off the feeling that they were hiding something from me, deciding it was none of my business and I shouldn't be too worried if it was only my sister and my fiancee. 

Amara

Claire and I were doing something very sneaky. We were getting tattoos.

I'd gotten a tattoo before, writing on my lower back that said 'made in germany' to remind me of the years I spent growing up in that country. I of course was originally half Scandinavian, half Cuban-American and was raised in Canada. I struggled to think of a tattoo to get and where to put it. Claire was getting a tattoo for her eldest brother that passed away, I remembered Dominic telling me about him. How it was Vince who was to blame.

I watched Claire get hers, she looked to be in a lot of pain. "What'll yours be?" the girl with piercings in her face and a tattoo gun brought me out of my thoughts.

I pretended to think, I didn't want to be shown any examples because I wanted it to be something that I thought of myself. I figured out where I wanted it to be first, just under my breast but more to the side. I'd always wanted one there, this one would be the one. 

After some serious thought, annoying the hell out of the tattoo artist and discussing facts about Dominic with his sister. I decided on a tattoo of his name and his birthday. Not too big and in print-cursive writing with a small outlined heart perfectly sitting beneath it.

 Not too big and in print-cursive writing with a small outlined heart perfectly sitting beneath it

Looking at it now it was kinda of smaller than I thought. Claire and I both stood in the full length mirror in the back of that tattoo parlour feeling accomplished, it was this day I decided I would get tattooed the names and birthdays of all my children. I've never felt this good after making such a decision, much more fulfilling than when I got the 'made in germany' tattoo. I smiled to myself.

Dominic wasn't going to be happy.

Dominic

The girls returned to the house without any shopping bags in tow, which seemed suspicious to me. I went to greet them at the door, as soon as I opened it Claire pushed past me - heading upstairs and leaving me with an anxious looking Amara.

"What have you two done?" I groaned tearing my gaze away from Claire's retreating figure. Amara shuffled. I watched her fiddle before she started biting her lip. I ignored the rising arousal and tried to focus on the situation at hand.

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes," I sighed, "Please enlighten me."

"We should go for a walk." she smiled. My eyes narrowed but she continued smiling at me anyways. She looked awfully cute in the oversized jumper and that beanie. I'd never seen her wear ripped jeans before, she never dresses this casual – even for shopping. Makes me wonder even more what they actually did today.