Chapter Seventeen Part One: Spa Day

Amara's outfit above^

Amara

Something was slapping my face, I waved in front of me in an attempt to swat it away but it was expert at dodging. I gave up the pathetic attempts and forced my eyelids open. Claire stood in front of me fully dressed and holding some fabric which I assumed was clothing. I gave her a weird look then looked over my shoulder to find Dominic was awake, frowning but with his eyes closed. I assumed he wanted us to move out of his space so I ignored how close his was to spooning me and smiled at Claire. "What do you want?" I asked with the sweetest voice that had an obvious hint of fake pleasantry in there too.

"Don't be such a sourpuss." She grabbed my arm and pulled me up to a sitting position.

"Claire you're such a nuisance." Dominic grumbled from behind me, I felt him pull the quilt closer. It must've lifted up when Claire pulled me up.

"Nonsense." Claire addressed she returned to examining my current state, "Dominic you know we're going shopping for dresses today."

"Uh," I rubbed my eyes then looked up, "What for?"

"The brunch on Sunday."

"Right." That's the day they said Dominic would be proposing. Now I know he finds me attractive, too bad I passed up the opportunity to officially name myself his girlfriend last night.

"C'mon sweetie," Claire pulled me until I stood, "Let's go." She grunted as she struggled to pull me along, "You weigh a lot more than you look."

My eyes widened, I stole a glance at Dominic relieved he seemed to be falling asleep again, "Shut up Claire!" I whispered a shout. She looked over at Dominic and started giggling. I slapped her arm playful.

"Ow." She squealed. Maybe it wasn't so playful.

------------------------

Claire had brutally insisted I wear make-up so now I sat letting her do whatever she pleased with my face.

Last night had been fun. After both taking showers Dominic and I had changed into our pyjamas - mine consisting of a lace nightie with a matching gown and Dominic in boxers which caused a lot of distractions on my part. 

I can't lie the pizza was absolutely amazing, it was everything. Making it was much more rewarding, at some point during the process I accidentally flicked some dough onto his chiselled abs and he made a joke about me 'licking it off' and it basically escalated from there. Flour was thrown, dough was painted onto skin and people were picked up and threatened over a pizza oven chimney. 

"So are you excited?" Claire breathed onto my face as she did my 'practise run' for tomorrow, which was her excuse even though professionals would be doing our make-up tomorrow and it was so obviously not true.

"For what?"

"To be engaged silly." she giggled. I thought about it a little and it got me giddy, I was excited but most of all I felt worried. What if he regretted it? What if he got bored of me too quickly? Dominic was not a 'settling down' kind of person and that wasn't a secret.

"I feel sick and happy at the same time."

"Sick?" she frowned stepping back to look at her work and then returning to breathing on my face as she continued with her masterpiece.

"Yeah," I looked down, "This doesn't seem like a bad idea to you does it?"

"No." she put the brush down then began wiping her hands with a wipe, "Every mafia man gets married, most for the benefit of the familia. It won't be a weird thing," she looked at me meaningfully as she sat on the armchair across from me, "And plus Dominic totally likes you. Like, likes you likes you. He's practically emotionless so it's hard to tell if its 'love'," I snorted at that and she frowned but continued, "You'd have to wait for him to confirm that one."