Chapter Forty-Eight: Game Plan

Dominic

Amara and I had devised an excellent game to play, this would be the most fun we'd had since we came to this country for sure. The game was in our favour. We chose where the pieces moved next. Amara was getting dressed in something slightly suspicious but professional also, our first step was to worry them. Make our motives warped in their minds.

We locked the door on our way out and caught a taxi to the city, paying the guy upon our exit. We walked into a lawyer's agency, I'd done business with the guy before and planned to get him to help us out.

Claire

I watched my father tense as Amara and Dominic walked into a lawyer's office, they'd sent people out to scout the city and one of the men carried a recording device on his person. Every second of that footage was instantly transmitted to us, who sat in my father's office watching attentively. 

Leo looked genuinely worried by their plan, my father probably thought they were stupid whereas my mother didn't seem interested in their activity. She much preferred to focus on our next step, not theirs.

We watched the footage, the camera now recorded them in the window of the building - with the lawyer. They seemed friendly and Dominic looked at an unusual amount of ease. He's usually the one tense, eager to finish the fight and rushing into danger with no second thought. Seeing him having thought things through made even myself uneasy and I wasn't even the target.

Amara

I nodded along to everything being said and tried my best not to laugh, Dominic and Enrico where talking absolute gibberish but pretended it was business-like conversation. I can't believe he expects me not to laugh.

As soon as we'd entered Dominic had told Enrico they were probably being watched so to just play along from now on, they shook hands and sat - followed by me. Afterwards Dominic told him that he wasn't really involved with much, and that we were playing tricks.

Dominic hadn't told me that Enrico was the best lawyer in the country, all the mafia wish he were in alliance with them. Dominic coming to Enrico would be serious in the eyes of everyone, I would've loved to see actual business happening - since I hadn't yet - but the opportunity was missed.

"Grazie per l'aiuto." Dominic thanked sending a wink at him before doing the two-handed hand shake and standing. I followed nodding respectively towards the man before Dominic placed his hand on my lower back and led me out.

Leonardo

It appeared Dominic was getting some legal backing of some sort, Amara seemed calm and Dominic was at ease. I can only trust them at the moment, what I saw wasn't what I should believe.

I turned to Santo as Dominic exited the building, "He's a fool for trying anything. There's nothing he can do." he said matter-of-factly then picked up the phone, telling the men to follow and keep tabs. 

Claire continued to stare at the screen even after it went black, Donna pulled her into a side hug. "I know it can be hard seeing your brother on the other side like this, you understand its for the better right sweetie?" she smiled, Claire just nodded absentmindedly. Santo frowned at this but didn't say anything, they wouldn't trust Claire for some time - she'd always be pro-Dominic.

--DAY 2--

Amara

"Padumpap, padumpapa." Dominic was singing some tune as we once again walked the streets of Italy, this time we were meeting bunch of random people throughout the day. I was fine with it since I had a book and we'd be stationed in a cafe, nothing wrong with that picture.