Chapter Forty-Five: Take Me Away With You

Dominic

For the past couple of days we'd been studying files Leo sent over to us, we played around but didn't go out much - it seemed like it would never end but eventually we finished last night. I decided a break was called for, soon before Leo sent more work our way.

"You ready for an adventure?"

She jumped up, "Hecks yeah!" She was wearing her own little lumberjacks, shredded shorts and a singlet top.

I scratched my chin, stepping back and observing her outfit, "You look like you've prepared to build an apartment complex."

"Don't be so rude Dominic." she put both hands on her hips.

I shook my head, "I wasn't being rude, just an observant. Its a cute outfit, it looks like you're a builder." I smiled.

She huffed turning and grabbing the keys off the counter, I watched her walk for a bit before snapping out of it and jogging a little to catch up. We drove to the waterfront of the city, parking across from it. There was a lady who was about to start a tour of the waters using a bunch of gondolas, which were lined up across the deck - ready for the tourists to jump in. 

I knew the route the boats would take and concluded this as the best way to get to the rocks. "We'll go on this tour and use it as a way to get to the rocks." I looked at Amara, she nodded enthusiastically and we made our way to join the tour group. The lady seemed like she didn't mind and I was glad.

Amara

I could tell everyone was secretly judging me, this was hardly something to wear when on a boat ride with your love interest. Dominic didn't look weird, the guy effortlessly fit into any scenario regardless of what he wore.

The boat ride was fun, Dominic was steering whilst I played around. Eventually he started to distance from the group, the woman noticed but I'm sure she also noticed who Dominic was and would let him get away with anything he wanted. 

We pulled up to a cave-like opening and climbed out carefully, Dominic stepped off the thing like it was nothing but I found great difficulty in not sinking the entire object. After my frustration with not being able to look as effortless climbing off the boat as he did, Dominic led me to the cave in which we began to climb. 

It seemed pointless climbing up the whole things, neither him or I knew if there was actually anything up there. We just kept going up. We stopped a couple times, sitting ourselves on the ridges of the tunnel we climbed and taking a breath. 

I groaned, "Is there an end to this?"

"We'll have to find out." he puffed.

"And if we don't?" I tried to even out my breathing.

He shrugged, "Then this would either be an invigorating workout or a bizarre way to die."

"Brilliant."

We continued going up the tunnel, Dominic couldn't help but laugh as I spotted a light at the top and nearly fell because I'd been trying so hard to point it out. I continued to sing 'we're almost there' like a mantra as we came to the opening.

At the opening Dominic held out his hand for me to take and allowed me to use his leg as a stepping stone to pull myself up and out of the tunnel. He followed, without my help of course.

 "Wow."

"This tunnel, its like a passageway into the old ruins of a previous stone castle." Dominic shouted back from where he'd gone, I frowned as I was walking in the opposite direction - that was some kind of description. I walked right to a giant hole in one of the distressed walls, it had quite the view.