Chapter Nineteen: Love Me Right

Amara

I looked around, they were all staring. I held out the slit like Claire had told me to, maybe I should put it down... I hesitated then decided not to. Claire knows what she's talking about, she's a runway model for f-cks sake.

I couldn't spot Dominic anywhere, I was wearing this stupid dress for him in the first place he should at least -

I spotted Leo and Dominic waiting at the bottom of the stairs, Claire unlinked her arm from mine and went in the direction of Leo so I headed for Dominic. He looked surprised. Was he surprised I could look good?

Dominic

I didn't know she could look this good. The dress accented her body perfectly, her hair fell around her perfectly in place and her lips were coloured red, she had the most perfect cupid's bow and the most perfect lips. 

How many times did I just think the word 'perfect'?

Not enough apparently.

I held my hand out for her to take, she slowly placed hers in my palm and I pulled her in. Linking my arm in hers I led her to our table, I leaned to her ear. "They're all looking at you principessa."

The corner of her mouth lifted up a little, I pulled out a chair for her and she sat. Leo did the same for my sister, he gave me a look fanning himself and pointing at the two girls. They giggled as I mouthed back 'I know.' I sat down next to Amara who now sat looking at her hands.

Hands that were still bare..

I can fix that.

The night went on, me waiting for the perfect opportunity. I was quickly growing impatient. 

"Crank the music up," Leo announced at the end of his speech, "Its time to dance!"

I had no idea what these speeches were about, why we even had them, why we always did. I just knew mine were full of bullsh-t, probably Leo's too. I stood holding my hand out for Amara to take, she raised a brow but took my hand anyways.

"I didn't know you could dance." she commented holding back a smile.

"There's a lot you don't know about me." I confirmed. She pulled a face.

Amara

I struggled to think of conversation topics, it literally all melted out of my brain the moment I realised our outfits were matching. Like f-ck. He looked really good.

"Dominic," I started, "What does your name mean? Since your always making fun of mine."

He chuckled, "Mine isn't bad actually. 'Dominicus' its translation means 'Of Our Lord', 'Lordly', 'Belonging to God' or 'of the Master'. Meaning I'm better than you, like god's right hand."

"Better than me?" I raised both my brows, the nerve.

"Sì."

"Unbelievable." I scoffed. He stopped dancing.

"Come with me." he nodded over in the other direction, I put my hand in his and he led me off the dance floor. We went outside into the garden which had been cleared of all the things from earlier. He walked with me to the fountain in the middle.

"What are we doing?" I asked looking around, the reflection of the house glistened in the water. I looked confused at him as he stopped looking at the moon. I couldn't help but study his eyes that held the reflection of the stars within them. 

I stilled as he let go of my hand.

Dominic

The intense moment grew longer, it seemed. Neither of us said a word. Our eyes remained glued on one another, waiting for the other person to speak first. I was thinking. I found the perfect place. Everything looked beautiful, most of all - she looked beautiful.