Chapter Nine: Return Home

Dominic

I can't believe this. I really can't. 

Schwarzer Regen.

I had her right under my nose, I had her right there the whole time and I'd just - left.

I sent Leo a simple text: Mission Accomplished.

I looked through the paper files once again, fascinated. They hadn't even listed her name, had she even told them? Was she actually crazy?

The attendant tapping my shoulder brought me out of my daze, I rose smiling at her and descended the steps for the second time in the last 24 hours. It was surely the impossible hours of the morning at this point. Alessandro smiled as I slid into the car, this had been one of my only arrivals at an airport where I'd had a paparazzi free experience. The other was before the world found out my father had a son.

I got home sighing and closing my eyes, I didn't mind sleeping in a suit tonight because it honestly was the least of my problems not to mention I was in too much of a difficult mood to take it off. The marks from the zipper line or button imprint on my skin in the morning would be a good laugh though. I rolled onto my face letting sleep take me.

That morning I had gotten up early regardless of the fact that I'd also arrived terribly late last night - maybe I should say, that morning. The plane took off and the excitement of a thrilling confrontation were I definitely had the upper hand took over my mind and body. Best case scenario - she denies everything and I get to laugh in her face later, worst case scenario - she figures it out before I voice it and escapes my near clutches. She is a 14 billion dollar project after all, she isn't stupid.

I decided it would be best to arrive at her apartment later in the day, for now I would run errands and get some catch up out of the way.

Amara

I groaned. Marcello had me doing the most stupid things, the past couple days had been so uneventful it was almost painful. He kept getting me to copy things like papers and deals, every time I wanted to go out and pick out decorations or something remotely fun he would advise against it and give me more useless work. Dominic had made the worst decision of his life because the last couple days also had been unproductive as hell.

Today I decided to take a risk and go buy some curtain drape samples during my lunch break, bring them back here and add them to my portfolio. It was my lunch break after all, the bastard couldn't stop me. I smiled broadly as the clock struck time and I grabbed my handbag and keycard, I locked the door behind me and smiled at Monique on my way out. I'd never forget the fact that that girl was a drunk cryer, I would never drink with her again.

So stressful.

I smiled once again as I entered the design store, I was already bubbly with excitement as soon as I spotted the navy taupe drapes that hung mid-section to the right of the store. I rushed over on my pointy heels and started feeling the material. This is definitely going to cut into work time.

After I finished my new page in my portfolio I shut it returning it to the shelf and made a computer version in case the time ever came to show it to Dominic, only if I'm lucky because sure as hell by now Marcello had hired Clarissa or something behind my back for the project. Those two seemed close when he'd first arrived. I continued doing the project even if I was getting paid either way, I would do fabric sofas and armchairs tomorrow. I bit my lip as I wrote it into my reminders. 

Satisfied with my work for the day I decided to turn in, I shut everything down and locked the door heading for the elevator. I passed by the reception and turned my keys in to Elana, she gave me a mock 'thank you' due to what happened the other night when I hadn't turned my keys in. We'd talked about this but I still went with it.