Thirty-Seven: Old Friend

Dominic

I stepped out of the taxi and walked up to the front door, the first time this place had been so much easier to break into and still it wasn't well secured. I hacked the intercom system with my pocket knife and shoved it back into my pocket as I entered the foyer. I headed for the elevator a clicked for Amara's floor.

As soon as I was out I went straight for her door, I was satisfied to find it had been locked - I picked it open anyways and let myself inside. Walking around everything seemed normal, her everything was still here and I was satisfied. I went to her bedroom which I didn't get to see very thoroughly in my previous visit, I found a number of things she'd left behind. Shoes included.

I knew she would want these and may even think about them each time she picks an outfit, so because I'm such a wonderful fiancé I will take them for her. I spotted her laptop on her bed and switched it on, the thing was still charged. I clicked 'reopen closed windows' and was greeted with multiple pages of designs and websites for material. I smiled to myself, she really loved that job. It made her normal, she must put her all into it - it would take a toll on your mind.

I closed the laptop and grabbed the shoes, putting them neatly into a duffel bag and zipping it closed. I slung the bag over my shoulder and continued to walk around. There were no signs of Vince coming in here and it looked like I was the only person that had ever picked that lock. Satisfied with my findings I headed for the front door.

Amara

-This'll work.-

I grabbed the chair a flung it at the mirror.

-Dang it, the glass didn't break. If it did break, you'd have to climb through it and eat him. He probably doesn't taste that nice.-

"Feed me!" I screamed at the mirror.

I decided on a softer approach, "Feed me." I whispered through the cracks of the door.

-Maybe he likes girls. If you show him you're a girl, he'll give you what you want.-

I pushed the table closer to the mirror, laying myself on top and resting my face in one hand. "Do you think I'm pretty?"

-You are pretty. He better say you're pretty.-

"Stop flirting with the computer guys." I heard Leo's voice fill the room, or was it just my head?

"I don't need to flirt." I smiled, "I'll seduce you with my..." I pretended to think.

"Everything." I heard someone in the background of the intercom say, Leo telling them afterwards to shut up.

-I like someone who likes me. Don't you? Who is this person that likes us?-

That got my attention, "Whose that?" I sat up.

"Mike." Leo said as if he was bored, "Amara we will give you food."

"Yay!" I bounced clapping.

"All you have to do is take your medication." he finished, "Have you taken your medication?"

-What? What did he say? -

I tapped my palm then brought it my ear, "I can't hear you!"

"Uh huh." he said as if he wasn't paying attention.

-He's so rude. Let's play a game and see who wins. That'll teach him.-

"Mike what are you doing right now?" I leaned back onto my arm.

-Stop talking to these people, aren't you hungry? What's more important?-

"Breathing." Mike replied from the background.