Chapter Twenty: First Day

The song " 'Fresh Eyes' by Andy Grammar " reminds me so much of this chapter.

Amara

"Svegliare il mio amore." a warm puff of air brushed my ear, I shook the tingle away as I snuggled deeper into the blanket. It was really warm.

"Wake up love." the breeze brushed my ear again, I groaned. I heard chuckling before the air became warm again, "I will make you a pizza."

My eyes snapped open, I made a sad attempt at sitting up as a huge weight kept me pinned down, I fell back. "Let me up," I puffed, "I want pizza."

"Ah ah ah," Dominic chuckled, "Your not allowed pizza for breakfast."

I pouted, "You lied to me."

"I did not lie."

"Yes you did." I flopped back into my sleeping position and attempted at sleep. Dominic's heavy arm left its spot around my waist and the bed lifted as he stood. I popped one eyelid open and used the dressing table mirror to sneak a peek. He was still shirtless and only in boxers.

"It is wrong to spy on people getting dressed." he casually stated, grabbing a shirt from a drawer.

"I was not."

"You were to."

"Was not."

"Were to." he sang walking out the door, I sprung into action. Grabbing my robe and tying it as I shoved my feet into my fluffy slippers. I quickly followed.

"It's unusually quiet." I shared my observation as I continued to tag Dominic down the stairs.

"Sì," he replied, "They all had things to do. It's also the day off for cleaners, especially after the clean up last night required."

I didn't know how to reply to that, "Good for them." I cringed a little. He chuckled. What was really bothering me was, what was I going to do home alone with Dominic?

"First order of business," he spoke, I turned my attention to him who had led me to the kitchen and now stood with a knowing smirk plastered onto his face, I frowned a little, "Breakfast." he finished.

"Right." I said more to myself.

"Make me food woman!" Dominic exclaimed shutting his eyes and putting on the appearance of a stuck-up, spoilt, ignorant bastard. 

"Excuse you." I said walking past him and opening the fridge.

"What's inside?" Dominic now stood behind me, peeking into the fridge. I wanted to move out of the way so that he wouldn't stand so close like that but that would only cause more contact, which I didn't need. He was practically caging me between him and the fridge.

"Food." I answered back.

"Brilliant." he breathed.

"Yeah." I breathed.

"What shall we do with it?"

I chuckled, "Eat it."

"Brilliant."

"Yeah."

I was only slightly relieved as Dominic walked over to the cupboard, allowing me freedom from imprisonment. I closed the fridge behind me, he walked over to the counter island and propped some fresh ingredients. I walked over and observed his findings then watched again as he rounded the kitchen grabbing the necessary utensils. He rounded again to the fridge before placing the last few items on the counter and letting out a breath.

"Okay," he nodded to himself then looked at me, "Make me food."

"You're an idiot."

"Am not."