Chapter Twenty-One: Trouble

Dominic

"Ew." I heard the voice of a pissed off, spoilt brat. 

Claire. 

The blanket lifted off and I covered my eyes as she flung open the curtains. "Is it really your place to wake us up every day?" I whined.

"No," she stood with hands on her hips, "But I'm the only one that's going to do it."

I rolled my eyes. I realised that Amara was sleeping on top of me again, we'd been spooning but the position we were in now must've happened whilst we were asleep. One of us moves in their sleep.

I felt a vibration before the familiar ringtone of my phone filled the room, Amara began waking as I felt around for it. I'd thrown it onto the bed...

"Here." Amara held it up whilst wiping her eyes. I smiled then answered the phone.

"Ciao." I glanced at Claire who sat in an armchair with her arms crossed and Amara who now sat across from me wearing barely anything.

"Well," a chuckle sounded, "Sorry to wake you."

It was Vince.

"What do you want?"

"Oh," he sounded hysterical, "I heard you proposed yesterday. Not to my sister." He ended in a menacing tone, so I returned the favour.

"I'm sorry," I snorted, "Did I give you the impression that I cared for her? There are few things in the world I care about, your opinion and your sister are nowhere near close to being a part of those few things."

"You are a sick twisted bastard."

"Maybe I am."

"There will be killing till the score is paid."

"Quoting 'The Odyssey'," I chuckled, "Didn't peg you for a big reader."

"I'm not." And the line went dead.

"Bastard." I mumbled.

"What's going on?" Claire was now sitting at the end of the bed, I frowned at the phone before smiling up at her.

"Vince is coming."

-----------

"You've started something." My father sighed watching the men moving around the front parameter of the estate, checking for signs of Vince.

"I'm aware." I sat in the chair looking out also, I'd left Amara with Claire and the pair were now downstairs with the others – having breakfast.

"What are we going to do?" Leo stood near the door, my father practically raised him so he often got treated the same as I did. His father passed away in a massacre a little while back, my father is his father now too – though I wouldn't say that's such a positive thing.

"Nothing." He turned and returned to his desk, "We'll wait."

"For what?" I looked straight at him.

"He will attack. He can't be seen just accepting the fact that the man promised of his sister has... turned her down." My father pulled out some folder and started unpacking it, "It would be a sign of weakness, a display of the fear the Russian mafia has of us and worst of all, a traitorous act by a brother to a sister."

"If someone broke Claire's heart wouldn't you do something?" Leo questioned.

"I would kill the one person, not target his entire family." I stood.