Chapter Thirty-Nine: I Love You

Dominic

I laid watching her, simply because that's all I could do. She was all better now, nearly all her bruises had faded and her cuts were gone. Plus she'd taken her medication, I'd make sure she kept taking it.

I didn't know what this feeling was, I'd been nearing a point for the past week and I'm not aware of what it is. I hope it doesn't cause any more problems, we need a break from this.

She hummed moving over a little and snuggling deeper into the quilt. I couldn't help but smile, she was truly gorgeous I don't think I could tell her enough. She looked like an angel sleeping like this, almost out of this world.

She took in a huge breath then her eyes fluttered open, I realised how much more beautiful she was awake. I'd never really looked at her eyes, they were a wonderful shade of green. She brought up a hand to itch her eye, it was fascinating to watch – she almost had the habits of a five year old.

I was smiling but my smile faltered, it felt like I'd just been shot.

"Are you okay?" she frowned. Obviously her vision had adjusted.

I cleared my throat, "I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

I shook my head, "I think I just have to take my contacts out."

"You wear glasses?" she seemed excited. I didn't realise I'd forgotten to tell her my father had made me wear contacts since I was deemed old enough.

"No." I breathed getting up, even though the pain in my chest hadn't subsided. She sat up in the bed watching as I walked to bathroom, she was clearly confused. "I'll leave you here and then you can meet me downstairs." I said, frowning at myself in the mirror. God help me, I'd forgotten I had irises.

Amara

"Okay." I shouted back.

I'd only woken up three times in the last week, each time I had food and each time I barely went anywhere. I slept for a couple days each time and would occasionally have moments of consciousness in which I'd hear people talking – mostly Dominic. I enjoyed those moments most because he was talking away in Italian and he wasn't being charming about it, it was normal conversation.

Thanks to my newfound knowledge of the language I'd had fun sitting in between consciousness and unconsciousness, listening to people in their own nature. It was very therapeutic.

Dominic was still in the bathroom 'removing his contacts' which I wasn't buying at the least, nobody can wear contacts for months on end. Maybe that's why he wakes up before me almost every day and when he doesn't, he doesn't get up until I leave.

He came back out with a towel on his face and heading for the door, hell no. I got up and ran, "Can I see?" I sang. He just shook his head but I continued to hop around and beg. Over and over.

"'I'll see eventually." I droned putting my hands on my hips and standing in front of the bedroom door. Good old Dominic had put pyjamas on my body for me, no permission necessary. "I deserve to see your eyes since you changed my clothes for me whilst I was unconscious. I won't buy it if you tell me it was someone else."

"Fine." He replied but he just stood there. I guess it was my job.

What could be so bad?

I dragged the towel off and felt my eyes slowly open wider and wider, though I didn't mean to. He was frowning.

"You've got heterochromia iridium." I said in amazement. Mainly because it was amazing, like what the actual f-ck. Of course he had to be more perfect, he had to have EVERYTHING didn't he?