Chapter Five: Schwarzer Regen

Dominic

"I don't have time to waste Dominic." my father's thick accent and irritated tone brought me out of my daze as I was once again reminded of my deadline. I had to visit home to discuss this with him, maybe work a negotiation. Clarissa was annoying as f-ck and there was no way in hell I was going to put a ring on that. Why would I marry a Russian? A Bogart at that.

"I will be coming over." I told him as I shut the laptop lid and tossed the device into the suitcase sitting open on my dining table. I sat back in my chair and tilted my head squeezing the bridge of my nose - an old habit. 

"There is no negotiating this Dominic, this is not like any other deal. This is your future."

"And I understand that. I'll be in tomorrow, tell madre I said ciao. Addio." I hung up and dropped both hands into my lap sitting forward and staring at the floor, I was really in it this time. No stalling, no options. I was - I winced - settling down. Even thinking the word made me want to kill someone.

"When will you be coming back Mr. Vitiello." Natasha called out from the laundry as I brought my suitcase to stand beside me.

"As soon as I can Natasha, I'll contact you on my way back." I reply as I unlock my phone, "speaking of which, what is your number?"

After saving her number in my phone and closing the door behind me, I climbed into my lambhorgini and made my way to the skyscraper I call Vitiello Industries.

Pulling into my parking spot I sent Amara a quick text letting her know I'd be dropping in today at her office. I entered the elevator and rode it to the very top floor where I got off and went straight to my office not without a casual nod towards my receptionist - Laura.

I organised for my flight, contacted my Vice CEO and locked up before making sure Laura kept an eye on things for me.

The drive to Evenstone was moderate in traffic but definitely thoughtful on my part. I was willing to do almost anything to avoid marrying Clarissa, negotiating - whether my father thought so or not - was definitely on the table but I still had yet to figure out what my argument would be. What my leverege would be.

As I boarded the elevator I was soon bombarded with a number of female bodies, leaving me with absolutely no room to even take my hand out of my pockets. I tried to think ignoring the wandering hands and intoxicating fumes of much too heavy womanly perfume. Not to mention the different scents, it kinda burned.

I grew more and more impatient as the doors opened at each floor, letting out three or more women at a time. My anger dissipated as I approached the one person in the entire building that was somehow incapable of pissing me off.

"I got your text." Amara held a folder to her chest and one hand on her hip. "What do you mean transferring the project?"

"Amara. Buongiorno." I said walking past her and into her office.

"I don't know what you just said but that is not the point. Transfer?" She said walking in and sitting promptly at her seat. She gestured for me to sit but I ignored her and continued to stand.

"Something has come up that I have to deal with immediately, infact I have to leave in about twenty minutes for my flight." I had moved to her shelves now and was fiddling with the inadimate objects that sat in different compartments and had no specific order or pattern assigned to them. "I will be back of course but it will be more than just a trip and a return. So I will be transferring the job to my Vice CEO. He will meet you whenever you feel comfortable and he will work with you on this project from here on, making all the decisions I would be making."